Heralds on Chariots - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heralds on Chariots

I am just starting my Daemon army and I want to use Heralds on Chariots in my list. I'm currently debating whether I should just use the plain herald model (ex. the Bloodletter or Daemonette with the big, special head) and just declare that it has the chariot upgrade or actually go through the effort of trying to convert one. Have there been any rumors about GW creating models for these? I'd hate to go through all the effort of converting a model, only to have it disallowed from tournament play a couple of months down the road (kind of like what I suspect may be happening with Ork Battle-wagons). I don't play in tournaments very often, but I do occassionally. It would be especially bad if I got the base wrong, although I guess if I plan ahead, I could make that fairly easy to switch out. Would you guys advise I use a large round base, or the square, long ones that come with fantasy chariots? What are your thoughts on this topic? Am I over-thinking this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Rumors point to no models in the pipeline, so convert away.

Chariots have bigger bases than normal Heralds so just plonking down a basic model won't fly either.

If such a model does get made, I doubt any legit tourney won't allow you to use your converted one, look at all the PVC Drop Pods and custom Battlewagons still in use.

As for the conversion itself, it isn't all that hard. Slaanesh Herald = TK chariot, Tzeentch Herald = Disk + Screamers, Khorne Herald = Chaos chariot.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on the same boat. I am fielding all three chariots eventually (nurgle gets to walk errr... crawl). I will be doing mine exactly as ME described. Tzeentch will be a disc pulled by screamers. For Slaanesh the current plan is the TK chariot pulled by a TK scorpion. My khonre chariot will probably be the chaos chariot pulled by flesh hounds.

I REALLY wanted to use the champion of Khorne on a Juggernaut but point wise they just seem so inferior to the Chariot (unless you want him hanging out with the crushers).

As of right now I plan on using fantasy armored chaos lord/sorceror styled heralds though rather than actual demons. I haven't started on any of these yet though, starting off with troops for now picked up 10 of each variety and 3 flamers to get me started.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use a HOK and HOT on chariot.
    HOK = Herald on juggernaut with the chaos chariot. The herald is already in a perfect pose to ride in the chariot, it has the right size base and all you have to do is run some small chains to the juggernaut. Bit $$$$$ but looks cool.

HOT = custom disc + horror + 2xscreamers on chariot base. Haven't quite finished it yet but have all the parts.

As long as you use GW stuff you will never have a problem at tourneys. I play in lots and they always try and encourage conversions/cutomization as long as you use GW stuff. Even if they realease something later it won't be a problem.
    Translation = as long as they are makin $$$ off you, they are happy! Lol
    Everyone is corrupted by Chaos, myself more than others!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what I've come up with for a chariot of Tzeentch. It's unpainted as yet so it might be hard to see, but it's basically one disc above another with three discs whirling around that. On top of the central disc are smaller ones that the herald (just a slightly converted horror) stands on. The magnet at the back is for a removeable icon.

It's on a 60mm base, and so far all of my opponents have been happy with it as a chariot.

I really wanted to stay away from the fantasy-style chariot, and thought something just weird and abstract would be appropriate for Tzeentch.

It's all GW aside from the magnets and the pink discs, mostly flying bases and left over grinder bitz as you can see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like the Tze chariot, nice work!!!

The more I look at the Herald of Nurgle the more I dislike him. Would it be acceptable to make a Nurgle chariot and use the stats of a Khorne Chariot? There isn't really any awkwardness as chariots can not join units and the Khorne Chariot is nurglely slow.

He would probably be a ramshackle Beast of Chaos Chariot pulled by a Beast of Nurgle. For the Herald I would use the Chaos Champion of Nurgle from WHFB.

For my other three heralds I am thinking...

Slaanesh Herald would be the Fantasy Champion of Slaanesh mounted in a tomb kings chariot (or an OOP dark elf one if I can get my hands on one) pulled by a tomb kings scorpion.

Tzeentch Herald would be the Lord of Tzeentch on disk pulled by by a pair of screamers.

Khorne Herald would be Champion of Khorne in a Tomb Kings Chariot pulled by a Juggernaut.

OR

I am also considering doing all four chariots as the Ushabti's . Vulture = Tzeentch, Jackal = Khorne, Crocodile = Nurgle, Asp = Slaanesh. Which route sounds better badass chaos armor Heralds or dead Egyptian-God styled Heralds?
    Last edited by rufusmcdufus; January 18th, 2009 at 15:44.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Those all sound like good ideas, but the Ushabti thing sounds awesome if you stick with an Egyptian theme for the army.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is the plan with the Ushabti route.

The seekers will be spider-daemonette centaurs.
    Scorpions will be used for fiends.
    Iron Guts for my daemon princes.
    Lesser daemons I may even add some gold jewelry to, giving them a more Egyptian feel. I also thought it would be cool to put hieroglypics on the Juggers.

I am worried about the size of the Ushabti so I may build the chariots myself.

I may also put some nurglings on Papa Croc's ramshackle sleigh (pulled by a beast of nurgle).

Tzeentch gets a disc/chariot pulled by a Carrion,

Slaanesh will still get a scorpion pulled daemonette-clawed chariot

Khorne will get a traditional brass chariot pulled by a Juggernaut.

+ Reply to Thread