Nurgle's Rot from Land Raider - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nurgle's Rot from Land Raider

Can you use Nurgle's Rot from within a land raider?

It says you can use during the shooting phase, but does not say you need line of sight. The land raider does not have any firing points, but since LOS isn't needed no big deal.

and if you can measure...normally you would measure 6in from the hull of the vehicle. Does this mean you have a 16in by 18in area of rot?

Please, no "unsupported opinions" keep replies to a "yes, because of X" or "no, because of Y"

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

I'm not sure that anyone can use psychic powers from within a transport. Correct me if I'm terribly wrong here, but I always figured that a model in a transport isn't technically on the table, and therefore can't use his powers.

At least that's how it seems to work with farseers in transports, as it's always been played to my knowledge anyway. If I'm wrong, I hope somebody could tell me. I'd love to be able to toss mind wars from inside a wave serpent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I would have to say no shooting off Nurgle's Rot from a Land Raider.

Given that Rot is used instead of another ranged weapon, and done in the shooting phase, I think it's pretty clear that it must be counted as a psychic shooting attack. As such it would need LOS (see page 50 ), at least to a base target. The only thing that would allow for this from a vehicle would be a fire point, which the Land Raider doesn't have.

Not all of the Chaos psychic powers say specifically that they need LOS, but I think it's fairly apparent they do given the psykers rules.

A Nurgle Sorcerer could still Rot from a Rhino, though - and while you might get a bit of flak for it, I guess it'd have to be measured 6" from the hull all around. That'd be interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

taking this RAW, there's nothing to stop you that i can find. there isnt a target for the spell, despite it being used in the shooting phase, so doesnt require LOS, i'd say the closest thing to it would be a blast template centered on the model that cast it. which whilst you are in a vehicle, you measure from the vehicle's edge. so, in a competative environment, i'd say its allowable. although this falls into the same category of farseers in tansports using doom, which doesnt require LOS iirc, so go with whatever ruling that got if there has been one where you play.

from a friendly and 'fairness' POV though, i wouldnt try it as it doesnt exactly seem sporting. from a rhino? sure. its got fire poits, so there's no way anyone can really take offence to it. LR moght be a little debateable though
    Last edited by zubus; January 18th, 2009 at 09:17. Reason: spelling/clearing up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My argument is you can't use it, and my reason is logic.

Nurgle's rot, is "belched" out by the sorceror. Now, if you are in a vehicle with no firepoints that belching (or any type of expulsion) will not reach any of your enemies, but more likely be trapped within the walls of your transport (in a rhino he can lift open one of the hatches or whatever)

True line of sight?
    Be nice to your enemies, it will make them madder!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never try to apply logic to 40k.
    I would say no on the land raider because there's no fire port.
    And yes he can shoot any psychic power out of a rhino.
    "When Blood Speaks, Shadows Answer."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by recoman3 View Post
    My argument is you can't use it, and my reason is logic.

Nurgle's rot, is "belched" out by the sorceror. Now, if you are in a vehicle with no firepoints that belching (or any type of expulsion) will not reach any of your enemies, but more likely be trapped within the walls of your transport (in a rhino he can lift open one of the hatches or whatever)

True line of sight?
    The nurgle breed of winds of chaos is the belching form. Thus the flamer template. Nurgles rot is from the sorceror. i would think it comes out of any where it can from his body. So given enough time it could fill a land raider and like spew out all over everyone. you like when milk rots and the cap pops off from pressure :3.
    The Decayed Ones 2500 points of nurgly goodness.
    Necron- Ice Wraiths of Scy-mir 2000+
    Imperial Daemon Hunters- 1500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far everyone disagreeing has stated reasons of fluff or their opinion neither of which apply to my question.

Facts.

You use it in the shooting phase.

It doesn't target anything so you don't need LOS.

a 16in by 18in AOE for str3 hits while inside a landraider is fun.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Models inside a transport do not count as being on the board. Psychic powers that count as shooting must be cast from am model that is on the board. Firing points allow them to fire AS IF they were on the board. Land raider has no firing points.
    Therefore, I personally believe that no, they may NOT fire Nurgles Rot from the Land Raider.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fact: Range and LoS are measured from the firepoint itself.

Application: There is NO firepoint to measure the range from, ability cannot be used

Alternative: If there was a firepoint, then you would measure the area of effect (circle) from the firepoint, not the hull of the vehicle
    Be nice to your enemies, it will make them madder!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast