Deepstriking Black Legion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deepstriking Black Legion

I was wondering if anyone could linke me to an army list that relies heavily on masses of deepstriking Terminators and has a good dose of Oblits. I'm trying to work my way into a list that works around Abaddons favourite tactic of deepstriking and taking out the 'head'.
    But i'm unsure on how to best pull it of, hence i'd like one or two references to work around.
    It doesn't need to be supercompetitive, just has to work and have a fighting chance.

Also, i have 3 Oblits. How worthwhile is it to field more than 3 in 2000 pts games?

Vehicle wise i only have 2 Rhinos and 1 Pred. In a deepstriking list will i need to get 1 or 2 more rhinos to get a squad into place for deepstriking or should 2 fast advancers usually be enough?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

If you are going for a heavy Deep Strike for or Hellstrike as it was known, Id sugest taking a few units with Icons in rhinos, remember, these units will be your objective holders, so are required in the force, but they will not be the ones dishing out the majority of the pain. You could go for three or four minimum squads of plague marines with iconsand rhinos, then spend the rest on oblits and termies.

Id say 3 -6 oblits for this styl force and either two Karmoon specials and a combi melta squad or combi flamer one.

Dan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not to mention a lord on bike and PI with biker retinue flying first turn headlong into the enemy to fascilitate icons for DSing early on in the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Here's on I worked up the other night (with some changes tailored to you), it's not exactly what you wanted, but you could use it as a spring board.

Chaos Lord - Terminator Armor, Daemon Weapon

Chaos Terminators (x4) - 3x Combi-Plasma, 1x Heavy Flamer, Chainfist, Icon of Chaos Glory

Chaos Chosen (x8 ) - Champion with Powerfist, Icon of Khorne, 3x Meltaguns

Chaos Space Marine (x10 ) - Champion with Powerfist, Icon of Chaos Glory, Meltaguns x2, Rhino Transport
    Chaos Space Marine (x10 ) - Champion with Powerfist, Icon of Chaos Glory, Meltaguns x2, Rhino Transport
    Plague Marines (x8 ) - Plague Champion with Powerfist, 2x Meltaguns, Rhino Transport

Obliterators (x2)
    Obliterators (x2)
    Predator - Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons

The whole idea here is that the Lord arrives with the Terminators, the Obliterators also Deep Strike. If you like, you could switch the Chosen for some Deep Striking Raptors, or perhaps a couple units of Lesser Daemons. I normally prefer 5 terminators, but that'll have to do.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I was thinking of purchasing that mega box of Termies AND a Defiler. But perhaps an additional rhino instead of a Defiler would be better?
    That way i have 3 squads of 10 CSM's. (though one has an icon of Khorne) to use to grab objectives while the Termies arse used agressively and through deepstriking, supported by my oblits?
    Would that work?
    Or should i just focus on other things? Like vehicles?
    I'm not too fond of using the Cult Troops as they don't fit the background of my force that well.

Currently i have 3 Oblits, two rhino's, a Las pred, A Termie Lord with lightning claws, a sorceror termie lord, 10 Termies, a colossal horde of CSMS with heavy bolters, plasma guns, flamers,... and three havocs with a lascannon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Use of vehicles is up you - most would agree that you invest in either all of one or all of the other, though lately this has become a bit mixed since transports have become cheaper.

For an example, if you use Havocs and Obliterators for your Heavy Support, the only vehicles your opponent will have to worry about are your transports, which need to be unhindered as long as possible. But then again, 12" forward, even if it's just twelve can be a very good thing.

Personally, I lean towards Rhinos, I think they are almost always worth the purchase. Protection from long range fire can really make all the difference. But again, I'm no expert. You could use 3 Obliterators, drop the Chosen and then have two Terminator squads coming down. Again, it's all up to you. The best advice I can give you is arm yourself with knowledge from online, but then take it to your local store and hammer it out til you've got a list you like.

Cheers dude!
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okies.

Hmmm let's see.

I'll work around three 10 man CSM squads with varying loadouts. Each with a Rhino.
    They'll be supported by 3 oblits and either a Pred or something else.
    I'll have 2 large Termie squads in reserve to be brought in later on.

That means i get a rhino and one large box of Termies or a single 5 man box to give some more weapon options to my termies. And it'll also bring my rhino's to three. Allowing me to field 2 squads with Icon of Chaos Glory and one with a Khornish icon.
    2 will be typical with plasma. The third with flamers.
    That sounds like a good basic build.

+ Reply to Thread