new to CHAOS ! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new to CHAOS !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new to CHAOS !

hello there my fellow Chaos friends, i was planning on starting a new army which is of course (CHAOS!!!!!) my old army was Necron but they were to Cheesy and wouldnt Lose it was like 22 wins/ 3 Losses / 2 draws so i decided Chaos were a Competitive fun army that would do many things Necrons Cant.

I was Planning getting the Battle Force a Daemon Prince (winged) <--- Maybe winged, another Box of 10 Chaos Marines

So in the end i have a small army that will be Like this

Daemon Prince (slaneeshy )
    -M.o.S
    -Lash of submission
    -Wings

10x Chaos marines
    -2x plasmas
    -Pf Champ
    -Rhino

10x Chaos marines
    -2x plasmas
    -Pf Champ

8x khorne berserkers

5x possesed marines

and maybe 2x Obliderators

in the end i should have a small army Consisting that, Help, comments, and criticism is always welcomed, still Learning the chaos rules But i know most of the things and can i ask how Most People Use their Princes and what upgrades they would give it? Thank you for the Help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Crons View Post
    hello there my fellow Chaos friends, i was planning on starting a new army which is of course (CHAOS!!!!!) my old army was Necron but they were to Cheesy and wouldnt Lose it was like 22 wins/ 3 Losses / 2 draws so i decided Chaos were a Competitive fun army that would do many things Necrons Cant.

I was Planning getting the Battle Force a Daemon Prince (winged) <--- Maybe winged, another Box of 10 Chaos Marines

So in the end i have a small army that will be Like this

Daemon Prince (slaneeshy )
    -M.o.S
    -Lash of submission
    -Wings
    A potentially overused HQ, though for good reason. He doesn't beneift this list in a huge way, but is still fairly good. Just don't make the classic mistake of expecting miracles from him.

10x Chaos marines
    -2x plasmas
    -Pf Champ
    -Rhino
    Give them an icon of chaos glory, and consider swapping the plasmas for meltas, as you are lacking in anti tank.

10x Chaos marines
    -2x plasmas
    -Pf Champ
    Icon, rhino, possibly meltas again. erhaps run one squad with two plasmas and one with two meltas.

8x khorne berserkers
    Give them a rhino, and a skull champion with power weapon/powerfist (You should have plenty of 'powerfist' looking arms from the possessed sprue.

5x possesed marines
    Possessed are horrible, they really are. use the bits fron the five, along with the extra 5 marines you get in the chaos marine sprue, to make another squad. This could save you buying one of the chaos marine boxes, and give you the money to buy another rhino. Mixing in the parts could give you some nice unique looking marines.

and maybe 2x Obliderators

Obliterators are great, although with the few vehicles in this list, a pair of predators may work too (Using the points you save from the possessed and obliterators), as they ill draw fire from your rhinos.

in the end i should have a small army Consisting that, Help, comments, and criticism is always welcomed, still Learning the chaos rules But i know most of the things and can i ask how Most People Use their Princes and what upgrades they would give it? Thank you for the Help
    My recommended list would be something like the following.

Daemon Prince

M.o.S
    Lash of submission
    Wings
    155 points

10x Chaos marines
    2x plasmas
    Aspiring Champion
    -Powerfist
    Icon of Chaos Glory
    Rhino
    265 points

10x Chaos marines
    2x meltas
    Aspiring Champion
    -Powerfist
    Icon of Chaos Glory
    Rhino
    255 points

8x khorne berserkers

Skull Champion
    -Powerfist
    Rhino
    243 points

1 Obliterator
    75 points

Total: 998 points
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I wish I bought the renegade strike force when I started the game (but this is because it suits my playstyle).

This comes with:
    An HQ (guys, does the termie lord in this set have same sprues as the normal one (i.e. is it also a sorcerer?)) so you won't need the DP or can have a secondary one.
    Terminators - found in most lists, and normally numbering 4
    Two rhinos to drive around the two 10man SM squads
    One of each HS vehicle - all of which are awesome and can be easily swapped.

You can add berzerkers if you like them (or specific units from whichever god suits your fancy) and in larger games they can be driven around by the land raider (or the LR can drive around termies too, but I like deepstriking them)

You may want to add the obliterators cause they are awesome for smaller games, or your style may be to use vehicles with nice template weapons and potential to kick ass in Close combat (Vindicator and Defiler).

The only problem with this set is that it is more than double the price of the battleforce
    Be nice to your enemies, it will make them madder!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the list riptor came up with is very close to what im using now, the big things that set them apart is my DP uses a MOK though for CC its not as good as warp time i just use it cause its cheaper since my Dp with wings and MOK is 140 points. Though a lash DP is most used one around im guessing. And i only use one squad of CSM and i bring two preds with las-sponsons. though saying it is my list may not be fair cause Riptor also helped me alot maiking it.

HQ: 140 points
    Daemon Prince
    -wings
    -Mark of Khorne
    Troops: KB238/CSM255/SLD104/Total 597point
    Khorne Berzerkers x8
    -Skull Champ.
    -Power Weapon
    -Personal Icon
    -Chaos Rhino
    Chaos Space Marines x10
    -Icon of Chaos Glory
    -Meltaguns x2
    -Aspiring Champ.
    -Power Fist
    -Chaos Rhino
    Summoned Lesser Daemonsx8
    Heavy Support: 260 points
    Chaos Predator x2
    -Lascannon Sponsonsx2
    Grand Total: 997 points

The Allmighty Chaos Boots Process's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x3)

with a lash prince you should really get more blast weapons. skip the zerkers and the oblitz and go for two defilers or a defiler and two oblitz.
    What is Aurora Prime?
    "behold, I am the flamer, the searing one, the combustion of all spontanious flash fires, I am process" BIG RED BUTTON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With regards to the use of the infamous lash prince, he is usually accompanied by plenty of big guns such as oblits and defilers as opposed to the predator although if the pred suits your play style go for it!

I wouldn't expect the lash prince to be your MVP most games as i feel the hype has made him out to be better than what he actually is but that doesn't mean he's bad it just means you will have to support him when he goes in for the kill with your other squads.

I hope this helps and welcome to Chaos,

+ Reply to Thread