Kharn, oh how I love him - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kharn, oh how I love him

he is such a beast, this has no relevence whatsoever to any topic but that wont stop me from typing

40 Smurfs dead, by Kharn, and Kharn alone, my enemy had done the usual trick of 10 and put them in rhinos, as soon as i got into combat, he was detatched from his usual 1ksons bodyguards as they needed to fire at some incoming enemy

each combat lasted 2 rounds he just breezed through the enemy like they wasnt even there, and my enemy kept moving his troops closer so they could help with the assault, you know trying to play the numbers games but as i killed his squad in his turn it meant i could assualt again, he was on a rampage!

I must say, he makes a refreshing change from DP lash and wings

Thats all I had to say, sorry I had to share that with you

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, I go to sleep some nights and can hear Kharn whispering to me, calling for me..

blood.. bloood... blood for Kharn...
    Be nice to your enemies, it will make them madder!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, i know how you feel about Kharn he certainly is a powerhouse when it comes to murdering his former comrades.

Don't make the mistake of thinking he is unkillable, plenty of nasty monstrous creatures out there

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i say bring on the monstrous creatures, plenty attacks on charge almost garunteed hit, averaging 4 wounds, with his body guards that will just be a massacre

but yeah, sorry about getting over excited over kharn but he earnt the right to my praise last night.

and my oponent loved me at the start because i wasnt playing a DP with lash, about turn 4 he was screaming "are all of the chaos hq overpowered?!" this earnt him a few questionable looks from the other players around the room, and he yelled "hes killing my entire ****** army with one model!" which just made me burst out laughing.

I know I got lucky last night, but it was fun all the same
    finding some space for naked Rhinos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like supporting kharn with my warptime+wind of chaos sorc on disc - the shepherd and the slaughtermill =)

I like seeing the opponent trying to decide what to do: Shoot Kharn, shoot sorc and retinue, or shoot zerkers, all at the expense of being blasted by thousand sons and obliterators while watching out for DS from termies.

Meanwhile, the dreadnaughts just march up the sides and begin their own slaughterfest..

Oh Tzeentch, how I love chaos..
    Be nice to your enemies, it will make them madder!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i just skip the berzerkers and sorcerer and put kharn with 1k sons... to hell with fluff... saying that im thinking about putting zerkers in, if you dont mind can you check my list, (its called 1.5k potential in the army list section, bout halfway down) and let me know if theres anything i could do to improve it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

Hey everyone,

As a fellow Kharn subscriber, I can offer only praise for the true Skull Champion. He is the best HQ that the Chaos Space Marines have available. As far as tactics go..

I use Kharn in a Land Raider with 9 Khorne Berserkers, but I never let the 2 get into the same combat. By making use of the 2 side hatches on the Land Raider, I can keep Kharn safely away from his "comrades". Simple fix to friendly fire: drive between 2 enemy units, disembarking Kharn from one side and the Berserkers from another.

As an alternative, with the new rules you can choose to have Kharn disembark alone from the Land Raider, leaving the Berserkers inside so that they can charge a different enemy up to 20" away from Kharn in your next turn. Way to keep your distance!

Finally, a method for seperating the two which I frequently use: Have both units disembark and seperate, charging Kharn into a high-armor enemy transport vehicle (Land Raider.. Battlewagon.. etc). Because Goretooth almost never misses, and tears through armor like a chainfist, no enemy vehicle will stand a chance. When the poor survivors of the ensuing explosion bail out from their flaming transport, run them over with your squad of Berserkers! What a team.

Hope this helps! 2H
    2H - LEGIO HYDRA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kharn can be pretty nasty, never used him in my CSM force. I have however played a Khorne CSM player several times and never found him anywhere near the powerhouse the OP described.

Ive found other suitably CC units can give him and his unit (usually beserkers in my case) problems. Power fists and power weapons eat him quickly, its just a matter of throwing a unit at him and having the PF/PW survive and target him.

Luckily for me, my opponent who uses him plays pure khorne and doesnt use a lash prince, other wise id probably have alot more trouble.
    Last edited by ethsar46; January 21st, 2009 at 22:48.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i got lucky with rolls i know that, but i was on a bit of a high after watching one model practicly anihilate an entire army

as for powerfists and power weapons, i run kharn with a squad of 1ksons (completely anti fluff) and it works remarkably well, not only do the 1ksons soak up the power weapon with there invulnarables but also kharns attacks as well.

nice suggestion twohats, i might swap out my plaguemarrines for a unit of berzerkers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kharn is definitely killy but it only takes one good powerfist attack to splatter his brains all over the battlefield. There are a number of units out there that even Kharn and his bodyguard unit will want to watch out for such as genestealers, C'Tan, TH/SS termies, harlequins, daemonettes, nob bikers etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast