Weapons on Rhinos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weapons on Rhinos

I'm slightly embarassed about asking this, since it sounds such a newbie question, but...

...If you choose to add a pintle-mounted weapon to a Rhino, does this mean that it has two weapons (e.g. the TL Bolter and the Pintle-mounted weapon)? I know it sounds like an obvious answer, but, other than Rhinos with a Havoc Missile Launcher, I don't think I've ever seen a Rhino with two weapons and I don't want to mess about converting if the entry in the codex is just badly phrased.

If green power armour is good enough for the Fallen One, then its good enough for the rest of us...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Yeppers, that's correct. The rhino would then have two weapons.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, I'll get my conversion tools out then...
    If green power armour is good enough for the Fallen One, then its good enough for the rest of us...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You dont have to convert the bolter it comes with. WYSIWYG only applies to optional equipment and not standard equipment.

ZMB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

As much as I love rhino there are a couple of changes I think hey should have. For one, I think that the TL bolter it comes with should be a stationary part like that of the TL heavy bolters on a Land Rader. This way you could use the holes on the top for more boltery goodness and every other thing you can think of.

Two. The pannels on the top. What is up with them? Are they an access point? No...they sure look like one thought. There is is a prime location for the Havoc launchers that no ones seems to use.

What about Extra armour? Either contact Forgeworld or prove your worth with your ability to control sheets of styreen. The same goes for the Dozerblade. The onlly way I know arround this is to buy the Vindicator kit and not use the cannon and patch up the hole on the dozer blade.

As far as WYSIWYG...I don;t go the full extra mile. I love to change up my list all too often and to be true to WYSIWYG I would have to own 12 rhinos for my army. Six without armour and six with. I have been thinking of a way to magntise Xtra armour , but that is neither here or there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZMB View Post
    The pannels on the top. What is up with them? Are they an access point? No...they sure look like one thought. There is is a prime location for the Havoc launchers that no ones seems to use.
    Which pannels are you talking about? The big doors toward the back of the rhino? If you are, this is the access point - from which two CSM may fire (Check the FAQ on the GW website). A havoc launcher there would seriously screw up any attempts at aiming from the hatch...

I know that only optional equipment really needs WYSIWYG representation, I just like my vehicles to have all their wargear represented. That way I won't forget that the Rhino with the combi-bolter has another weapon to fire or be destroyed before being immobilised. On that note, any ideas how I can fit the searchlight, smoke launchers, TL Bolter and Combi-bolter onto the space over the cab section of a Rhino?

+ Reply to Thread