Greater Daemons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greater Daemons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greater Daemons

I was wondering on what ppl though the best greater daemons where? Whats good about each and there survivability ect.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

This is for the haters... CrownAxe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Bloodthirster and Lord of Change are plenty good and durable. both a 3+ save of some sort and BT has a 4+ invul. BT is a beast with WS10, S7 and FC. LoC is good because its both with good weaponry and is still a power house in combat.

Plus both are Winged and monstrous creatures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

All the greater daemons are good one way or another.

The Changer of Ways is a good weapon platform, though it gets kinda expensive. The GUO is extremely tough, and can do very bad things to mobs of low T critters.

Out of the two combat daemons (BT and KoS), I prefer the KoS. Maximum I, good number of attacks, grenades, and hit and run make it a force to be reckoned with. Oh, and it has fleet.
    "Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away." Sephiroth, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the CC ability of a KoS, they are so deadly. I have never ran a regular BT but I've played alogside my buddies Skarbrand and he absolutely wins.

The lord of change is costly but man can he shoot, also he's no slouch in CC either. Lets not even get started on fateweaver, he is my god, he is unstoppable, I could write all day.

I have some GUO`s on the way, but I have never used em, they seem tough, also not too heavy on pts. I like them as far as the numbers go.

In the end, I don`t think I'll ever run a list without a GD. I've been hyper successful with em, and generally there beautiful models.... and fearsome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

BT is a combat monster. Wings, S9 charging (Unholy Might and Blessing are mandatory), a ton of attacks, 3+/4++ and WS10. Very nasty.

The Keeper is ==My== favorite. Relatively cheap, hits very hard, moves quickly, I10+grenades means it always goes first, and it has some nasty tricks like Musk and Pavane. Using Hit & run the Keeper can move 30" in one turn! People fear her ping pong ball trick.

The GUO is dirt cheap and awesome. While a bit slower, he's hard to kill and will rip apart other MCs thank to noxious touch. Cloud of flies is a given, but I like Breath too.

The LoC is easily the worst. A shooting platform with very few ranged weapons, not great in combat, and extremely expensive. If you want a tricked out LoC, get Fateweaver for cheaper. Or, get 2 Tzeentch Heralds on chariots. Twice the firepower for cheaper.

Skarbrand needs an army built around him. Units that are either too tough to ignore the enemy's extra wounds caused or attack before the enemy and wipe them out. Nurgle and Slaanesh units benefit the most from him.

Fateweaver is like a LoC, only better. He gives you re-rolls, a huge boost to your survivability, and has all the useful ranged powers a true shooty GD needs.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I think the Keeper of Secrets is the best bang for your buck, Though the lower pts cost of the GUO is also very nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I have the BT and LOC I was wonder if I should get the GUO or KOS next. I was looking for ups and downs for both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play a mono list of Nurgle and the GUO is a great unit. He is very thought with high T, feel no pain and a 4+ ward save. With his low points cost he is one of the most survival units you can get, doesn´t matter if you play a nurgle list or a mixed daemon list. He is well worth his points and cause my opponets a lot of headache I have seen him take a whole army shooting and walking away with not a wound caused on him. Not so easy for the other greater daemons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x2)

In a regular 40K game i tend to go with a KoS with all the trimmings.. Its the cheapest GD at 290pts. Fleet so a potential move of 18" with daemonic gaze, Pavane and Unholy Might means its really tough.. I have also a BT but i don't feel that they are quite as ballanced as the KoS.. however, I love CC so it does suite my idium.

In an Appocalypse Game I currently use Zarakynel but An'ggarath will be joining in the carnage. 7 attacks with d3 on the charge and any 6 you roll gets another attack.. S10 means that your automatically penitrating vehicles of armour 11 or below.. and an average dice roll on S+2D6 means your going to penitrate anything on the table.

He's a beast!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run fateweaver in just about every game I play. Lately, however, he has been getting very unlucky and when that happens he is just a 333 point sink.

Along with Fateweaver I frequently use a KoS, always with Unholy Might. I tend to avoid Pavane and Daemonic Gaze on him since then he can't use fleet. If I was running him with Daemonic Gaze then I would get musk as well so that I could leave combat during the enemies assault phase, shoot the unit, then assault them again in my phase.

I've been very interested in Skarbrand lately. My lists are usually a big chunk Slaanesh and hit rerolls combined with high initiative will be likely to eat things. Maybe if FW keeps failing leadership and dangerous terrain rolls I'll try a Skarbrand+KOS list along with a bunch of Daemonettes, fiends, and some seekers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast