Predator weapons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predator weapons?

Just bought myself a predator and am thinking of giving it the full lascannon options. . . Making a decent tank killer, and it can't be knocked out by a single weapon destroyed. . . Like one with single turret or vindicator. Is this a good option for the points? Any suggestions? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

The usual consensus is that the best setup for an AT predator is Autocannon Turret and lascannon sponsons. This means you are giving one lascannon shot per turn up for TWO autocannon shots, AND you save yourself XX points.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

It's a fine tanker, but for the cost, it's highly inefficient. Plus, I think you'll find a number of opponents will target your predator far more often when you outfit it with all las-canons.

Point-for-point, the best tank hunting configuration is the standard auto cannon hull with las sponsons. If you flip through our army list section, you'll see that it's one of the most popularly used tank busters, mainly because of its cost comparison to output.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Mine has all lascannons, unless im facing alot of armor, or monstrous creatures, its a waste of points.
    If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

I built a predator with all lascannons before stopping to think. Can't see why i'd use it but damn it looks cool!
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

Having the twin linked lascannon is a waste in valuble points. Most of the time you're going to be doing a Scoot and Shoot, and will only get to fire 1 weapon anyways. Why not get the decent stats on the autocannon shooting twice, instead of getting an extra chance to hit on one shot with the twin linked las, while you can just use the sponson shot to do what you need?
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Every game I've ran a predator with all Lascannons its been the target from the first turn to the 2nd, because it normally lasts one.

Assault marines or raptors can simply jump behind it and destroy it, I've lost them to lictors in the past too, genestealers, anything that can roll a 6 and still glance could potentially kill it. and for 150+ points, its a lot of firepower and presense to disappear for the off chance your enemy will ignore it.

I'm rambling. Basically its a bad idea to go all lascannons, if you have a rhino too, swap the pred out for a raider, then you get added protection as well as lascannons and transport. It sounds expensive and over the top but they are a godsend of a vehicle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers for the advice. . . Its was so easy to sort in 4th edition. . . . With my old chaos. . . . Give it sponson bolters and shoot everything! Damn them for lowering defensive weapon strength!
    But i'll try out auto with las, sounds like a good option.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

And don't forget that a tracked vehicle can 'pivot' on its axis without counting as having moved.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I use tanks very infrecuently, BUT in my experience the less points you put on a tank the better it works. I know what you are thinking, WOW WHAT THE IS HE THINKING!!! The less you spend the less an attractive target, the more you spend the more attractive it becomes, so survivability is indirectly proportional to the upgrades. If you keep that in mind the trick is to balance its upgrades to its survivability. Auto cannon and HB soponsors is just that a balanced choice
    If the war by heavens gate released desire
    In the line of fire someone must have known
    That a human heart demands to be admired
    Cuz in the center of the universe we are all alone
    Kamelot

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast