Instrument of Chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instrument of Chaos

What are peoples thoughts on the Instrument of Chaos upgrades? Personally, I consider the ability to manipulate wound distribution due to the model being differently equipped more useful than the actual ability, but I still can't bring myself to say that you should always add the Instrument whenever possible. Do you think that given the low price, the Instrument is a must-have upgrade for your troops or is it a complete waste? I have been taking it to take advantage of the wound distribution effect, but looking at other army lists, most people don't seem to use them often. I feel like I can frequently spare at least a single model (and therefore, a KP) with the wound distribution rule, but perhaps I am over-estimating this. Is this effect more valuable for more expensive models, like Bloodcrushers?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

This is for the haters... CrownAxe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

i only really see it useful on units that don't get a lot of attacks against units that do since it probably will result in very few wounds one way or the other, like units of plaguebearers (since they only get 1A per model and won't take alot of wounds in return)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x2)

Ironically, I have found that particular upgrade handy on units of bloodletters and daemonettes.. but i'll point out that I usually play against Eldar with lots of Banshees, Quins and Scorpions..

I think for 5 points its one of those upgrades that isn't that expensive and might make the difference.. Suppose it depends on your opponent.. I probably wouldn't bother against Necrons, Tau or probably even Space Marines.. Against Orks, Nids or Eldar on the other hand I would at least condsider it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

It's only useful on Bloodcrushers for wound allocation, otherwise it's wasted points. You don't want to be winning combat after ties, because that means enemies will be running and you will be in the open.

Don't bother unless you have points to spare.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

I tend to only use it in units that have a fair chance of either not winning combat otherwise, or that will more than likely tie combat, like PB's. Otherwise I almost never spend the points on it. It really can depend on what your fighting. One thing I don't think I would ever put it on in Horrors. If those get in CC they are most likely going down sadly.
    Tyranids & Daemons: Soul & Biomatter please.

LO Rules

+ Reply to Thread