GW Customer service + new strat!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GW Customer service + new strat!!

I was really impressed by GW recently.

I bought a whole lot of Chaos for my son recently and a few things were off in the products we got.

1. The defiler came with two claw sprues and no legs
    2. The demon prince was missing one of the hornish things

I called GW hoping to get replacement sprue and bit but no....
    GW sent 1 whole defiler and 1 whole demon prince!!!! Free!!

I was just reading the lash thread and wow, is my son set up now. 2x daemon princes (Its getting wings anyway) and 2x Defilers (4xclaws as legs on one of them) so.. 2x lash princes.. 2x pie platters. And I wasn't even thinking about it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

That's a nasty start to an army.

Good to see cutomer service in this day and age.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

On a lesser scale: I phoned up a while back and told the chap in Mail Order that one of the legs supplied in a blister pack of Kroot Hounds was the wrong one (it depends on which body version you have as to which leg actually fits!). "No problem, I'll send you a new blister" saith he. "Thank you, and how much do I owe you?" replied I. "Nothing, it's our Customer Service to you" quoth he.

Forgeworld can also be equally generous. A single missing burst cannon off an Aeronautica Imperialis Manta was reported to them. Now this BC measures probably about 6mm long! Their response: a COMPLETE new Manta arrived a few days later.

Ol' Eigle was a very happy bunny.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really happy for you peeps and I am immensely impressed on how GW handled the situation. More companies should learn something about this. Happy customers continue to do business with good companies. Happy customers tell their friends (even forums) how happy they are giving them a good rep. Good rep equates to more business. Its like eating out. If the food is great but the service people are lacking or rude. I'd take my business elsewhere. I'm the guy with the cash they want.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

I had some mixed cusomer service, but in the end it all panned out positive.
    I did a mail order (about a year ago) for various parts, and they were missing some bits, and others were wrong. Then i got the replacement parts, which were still missing bits, but then two days later i got another package with the right bits in, so in the balance i got all i wanted and others.
    However, I got a box of stormtroopers with one less hellgun and one backpack shy, which two calls later never got resolved (so i bought the bits in the order above)
    I commonly have too few round bases in boxes, but sometimes i get too many, and when i go into the store if i'm short they just give me some.
    My forgeworld hitches have never been resolved, but i don't care (A T-bolt pilot with awful legs - the cast had obviously "slipped" and they are just a mess. I'll convert him into a cockpit someday as a diorama) and pintle stubbers for DKOK tanks are commonly unuseable (especially the handle - in two macharius varients)

However, I've also called up and asked for the limited edition boxes, even when they've finished doing them, and they've sorted it out (or sent boxes at a reduced price) and they even managed to sort me out with old school sand tubs when they changed to crushed rock.

Thankyou, customer service, on the phones and in the store. I am dissappointed with the new website and the eradication of creative articles (and the tailored bits service), but your customer service in person more than makes up for it. (I want bits back as promised though!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

I

I have always had excellent service both in store and with Mail Order. I would have to say that Mail Order is the better of the two but then they don't have to deal with teenagers all day...

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

The old instore mail order at WHW UK was brilliant! The trolls downstairs never got the order right first time, and the shop staff could never be bothered to carry the wrong components back down, so every order you made instore you got a few random pieces extra for free! Ive still got a night lord commander I never paid for!

Also, I ordered a Iron Hands box a long time back. I didnt get a command sprue with the box, so I called up and told them, they then sent me another whole box of Iron Hands (ordered 10 recieved 20), but again no command sprue, I called them again to tell them that there may be an issue with there stock, they sent me a box full of command sprues the next day. Ho Ho Ho.

Dan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

yeah one time about a year ago they didn't send me the white dwarf at the time it was supposed to come. The subsciption was supposed to start in febuary and my issues went jan to march skipping the month. So they sent me the missed issue, re started my subscription (got a free WD) and sent me another complimentary model.

Gotta love GW's customer service!
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

A friend of mine ordered one of the Forgeworld Baneblades some time ago, before the plastic one was out, but when he got it, it filled with resin bubbles, so he took a picture, sent it to Forgeworld and about a week later, he got a new one in the mail, though by that time, he had cleaned up the first Baneblade with filing and greenstuffing so that by the time he had painted both you could hardly tell which one it was that had bubbled.

GW/FW customer support is ace.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    95 (x1)

Hey,

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    GW/FW customer support is ace
    Yeah, it's as if entire models cost them almost nothing . . .

So, who got the new Strat?

Playa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast