Tzeentch and...? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tzeentch and...?

I generally like to play multi-god armies but so far have only tried out Tzeentch and Khorne, Khorne Berzerkers only, though.

I like the +4 Invuln Saves on termies, since most of the people I go against like to put power blades on everything, but +5 IV saves on CSM kind of sucks.

Was wondering which combo goes best with Tzeentch. Was thinking Nurgle or Slaanesh... any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

There's been a bunch of these 'what goes best..." threads roaming about. You might try and do a search over the last month for additional support.

Before getting into the heart of your questions, it would be helpful to know exactly what squads you're fielding. You mentioned termis with Tzeentch, so it looks like your fielding the icons of Tzeentch, rather than the Thousand Sons cult marines. Yes? No? Obviously, the advise you'll receive can vary greatly based on exactly what you mean by Tzeentch units.

Also, what's your playing environment look like? If, for example, you face off against large quantities of MEQs (marines), then Thousand Sons and Khorne Berzerkers will dominate. On the other hand, Noise Marines take precedence against swarms.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

I use nurgle, T5 Marines and Plague Marines are an excellent addition.
    If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I did take a look around but all armies I kept seeing were Nurgle + Khorne

On that note, yes, I do use Thousand Sons. I also field a few CSM or Khorne Berzerkers, depending on who I'm facing, a squad of Termies and some Havocs outfitted with lascannons and autocannons. Generally, I face Eldar, Orks, Necrons, Tyrannids and I think Witch Hunters will be getting some field action soon, so it's 50/50ish when it comes to swarms.

Senior Member eldratch the fallen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on your last post id deffinitly sugest Nurgle. the increased T on marked units is great and has a HUGE impact on small gun fire and light infantry assaults. To go one step further and use plague marines though is something else intirly. high T plus FNP makes them one hell of a suvivable unit. seriosly they will take loads of punishment and the only reel downside(aside from high points cost of course) is low I (not so much of an issue against eldar/nids/ect.) all in all very effecive mid to close range and quite often more suvivable than even Thousand sons.

Slanesh on the other hand is far more difficult. the noise marines have a high inititive and seem like a perfect counter for things that would otherwise get the jump on you. but be warned that the temptation to instead simply load up on sonic weapons is huge(and costly). if you do use noise marines make sure to set a specific purpose for them(like most units) and dont end up wasting all those extra points for a unit whose only marginally better in combat than standard marines.

well thats my 2 cents
    I love Pathfinders.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

It really depends on playstyle, there is no right or wrong answer. Take a look through the army lists section and see what some of the other guys are doing and then pick units you like the look and feel of.

There are countless combo's with chaos.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

+ Reply to Thread