Giving much gear to few models. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giving much gear to few models.

It kind of goes without saying that placing all of your squads wargear on one or two models helps a bunch. Since you remove the casualties your squad suffers, you can remove many more models without sacraficing the power of a plasma gun for example. Alot of people complain about losing their icon bearers first and losing the icons benifit, but why? The rules clearly state that you pick and remove the casualties from your squad, so your icon bearer can be the last man standing =]

Any way, my question:
    Bearing the above in mind, I was wandering if it was possiable to fit all of the following on just two models:

Chaos Marine Aspiring Champion:
    Power Weapon
    Melta Gun

Chaos Marine Special Weapon Bearer:
    Plasma Gun
    Icon Of Chaos Glory (If its any simpler, Put this on the Asp Champ)

Basicaly, this boils down to "Can you hold a melta gun in one hand?" If you can do this, my asp champ can hold both the melta and the power wep. I prety much have the icon sorted. The baner pole can be cut above the hand and placed on the CSMs back-pack, like a loyalist sargeants symbol/mark/banner thing.

I dont have any CSMs yet so I would be clueless about the modeling side of things right now =]

EDIT:

Yh I just realised that putting the icon with the plasma is pretty thick because of GH. I guess il have to put it on the asp?

Last edited by Black Hawk; March 1st, 2009 at 16:27.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, you can fit a meltagun and a power weapon on one model (only on the aspiring champion, though). Although your theory of many points on one squad I wouldn't recommend. The fact of the matter is, let's say they get large blasted and you get unlucky with your saves or whatnot. That's a bunch of points you threw away, when you could've fielded a few more guys.

Just a thought from previous experience!
    Last edited by ExpansionRod; March 1st, 2009 at 17:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x3)

It was many points on certain models within a squad wasn't it? Unless he edied something out. As far as I can see, the rest of that unit doesn't have to be awfully expensive.

I have to add though, Your idea of putting a lot of pointsworth of wargear on one or two models in a squad, and relying on those few, isn't a great idea, because you're wasting a lot of points on models that have very little tactical use in your eyes.

~ L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

And what happens when you give your Power Weapon, Melta Gun and Icon to your Champion and he dies leaving your expensive squad with nothing but stock gear. It's too many eggs in one basket if you ask me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

You cannot stack the squad items on the Champion.

Note that the codex entry says "x chaos marines may be given...". Also, one CSM may be upgraded to a champion, who has his own gear options. Take special note that a champion does not have the option of taking special weapons such as plasma guns, meltas, and flamers.

He may only have the gear available to a Aspiring Champion.
    Last edited by psichotykwyrm; March 2nd, 2009 at 04:58.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Well you are in fact correct on the fact that he can't take the special or heavy weapons but he can still take the icon which I still don't see as such a good idea.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Not even an icon, I think. Our Codex is quite specific about what a champion can be given. I suppose you could give both the Icon and a special weapon to the same, non-AC model. I wouldn't bother, myself; there's no significant advantage to doing that and it makes WYSIWYG harder to maintain.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

The codex is in fact quite specific. It says "Any Chaos Space Marine" when referring to weapons upgrades and clearly says "Any Model" in regards to the Icon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

I think placing the Icon on a special heavy or champion is only really a good idea in a 10 man unit.
    It is too easy to inflict 5 wounds and force rolls on your special models with only 5 men, with 10 men to hide behind your uber model is a bit safer.

I give my champions the Icon in my 10 man units, my only worry is that the new marine scout sergeant or a vindicare assassin will show up and end my fun.
    -isitused
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruel13 View Post
    The codex is in fact quite specific. It says "Any Chaos Space Marine" when referring to weapons upgrades and clearly says "Any Model" in regards to the Icon.
    Bingo. A champ can take the icon is he wishes, unless you proxy him with a lollipop, which is CLEARLY not a model in anyone's sick and twisted head
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast