Daemon Models Metal/plastic - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemon Models Metal/plastic

I'm thinking of starting daemons as a second army, and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a list that which models are metal and which models are plastic?

Also any general suggestions about a good place to start collecting daemons are welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x1)

Plastic models for the Daemons are pretty much just Bloodletters, Daemonettes, and the Soulgrinder. Everything else is metal, including the Troops choices for Tzeentch and Nurgle. (*apparently* they're going to get plastics, but there's no indication of when.)

As for where to begin, there's a lot of different ways to play Daemons. What kind of game style do you like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a hundred percent sure right now, My current army is Tau, so I probably want to go for a closer ranged army (to change it up). I was thinking Bloodletters and Daemonettes for my troops, then maybe some Flamers for elites. I was originally going to go with the soulgrinder for a heavy support, however we generally play with a lot of terrain and deep striking him seems to be a nightmare.

From a models standpoint I like all of the factions except nurgle. would I be able to field an effective army without any nurgle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

The starter set box thingo is worth getting if you want to have a variety of troops, doesn't even come with a lot of nurgle!

I prefer to field some fiends rather than daemonettes due to their stats lacking, but they are still a decent unit.

I simply love blood letters, WS5 S5 I on charge + power weapons all round for only 16 points a pop!

Flamers are an excellent elite choice, though due to buying my whole army in a single swoop with no knowledge of daemons I haven't got any.

Fiends are an excellent choice for elites, as a bloodcrushers.

Playing without nurgle is not gonna be a problem, their units aren't anything exceptional. Only nurgle units I field are plaguebearers and only because they're great at holding objectives, durable and about the only thing i'd ever put an icon on.

For starting them you'll most likely want yourself;

A greater daemon

Letters/daemonettes/horrors for troop choices

Fiends/Crushers/Flamers for elite

A soulgrinder for heavy support. Me and my friends are fairly heavy on terrain and i've never really had that much trouble deep striking mine.

That should give you a good 1000 points to start of with then just buy more things to suit your play style!

Glavas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgive my ignorance but I can't find a daemon battleforce on the gamesworkshop online store, could you link me to it, or tell me whats in it.

Thanks for the advice on the starting army, that really helped
    Another thing I forgot to mention, Is price is an issue, As much as I love Fiends and blood crusher, i can't really justify spending 35$ a model on something that isn't a character or a vehicle.

Edit: NVM I found it, I didn't realize it was called spearhead instead of battleforce.
    Last edited by Flamepheonix182; March 12th, 2009 at 10:39.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Bloodcrushers - $44 AUS
    Fiends - $28 AUS

The spearhead is an excellent start!

Only really two unwanted nurgle units

Daemons aren't exactly an army that's easy to play on a budget due to the large amount of metal models. though you could nearly make a mostly plastic one.

Greater daemons I believe are $95 AUS each but they're well worth it!

Glavas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x2)

Plastics - Daemonettes, Blodletters, Soulgrinders
    Metals - Everything Else
    Resin - Selected Apocalypse Stuff..

There is an alleged 2nd release of Daemons slated for later this year that should release the new Daemon Princes that are in the Warriors of Chaos Fantasy book. Also new Pink Horrors and Seekers are on the horizon for that too.

However, if you look around the forums there are some great examples of people using Fantasy stuff (converted) to sub.. I particularly like the idea that ==Me== mentioned about using Wood Elf Dryads as Horrors.. also there is a thread in the modeling section showing zombie/ghoul conversions to make them into Plaguebearers

Hope that helps
    Current Army Status - Chaos - 15000 points, Orks (BadMoonz) - 3000 Points - Space Wolves - 4000 Points, Necrons - 2000 Points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I should have mentioned
    Bloodcrushers: 35$ Canadian
    Fiends: 30$ Canadian
    Greater Daemon: 65$ canadian

I dont mind spending money on things like vehicles and greater daemons because you only really buy one of them but something like a blood crusher where its a unit and I would have to buy several, that adds up really quick. (though I might buy 1 bloodcrusher to put a herald on just because the model is so awesome)

I was more thinking of gradually collecting a daemon army, then the price wouldnt matter so much.

So I was thinking more of a 500 point chunk to start with. then I'll slowly add on from there
    So maybe something like

Herald on juggernaut
    Flamers
    Bloodletters
    Daemonettes.
    I'm thinking that would be pretty close to 500 points

Leighjt:You must have been posting while I was typing, thats a really good idea, i'll check it out
    Edit: Just looked at the Dryads, with the proper paint job those would look way better than the stock horrors, they already look pretty evil, thanks for the suggestions
    Last edited by Flamepheonix182; March 12th, 2009 at 11:50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

If you're gonna have a herald on his own put him on a chariot. much more effective

Collecting slow is best. I bought 2400 pts of daemons and it's so hard to motivate myself to paint them

Glavas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x2)

Glavas - i'm not with you there.. putting a herald of khorne on a charriot imho is a little risky as they cannot join units.. so they're stuck out by themselves and (at least in my experience) become easy pickin' for long range. Personally i'd rather pay the extra 15pts and stick them on a juggernaught so they can be as effective as possible in with a group of Bloodletters.. (my £0.02)

If you wanted to keep the costs down and stick plastics then you could go with an army list like

Herald of Khorne (on juggernaught)
    5 Bloodletters
    5 Plaguebearers (converted ghouls/zombies)
    Soulgrinder with Phlem Cannon

thats around 500pts.. that list fits into the way that I use daemons and i have a soft spot for SG's.. i'm currently considering on permenantly running three in a standard 40k game from now on

hope that helps
    Last edited by leighjt; March 12th, 2009 at 11:49.
    Current Army Status - Chaos - 15000 points, Orks (BadMoonz) - 3000 Points - Space Wolves - 4000 Points, Necrons - 2000 Points.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast