VSing Tyranids? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VSing Tyranids?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VSing Tyranids?

ok, I'm playing a game against a Nid player in the next few days, and I was after peoples opinions on the best way to fight them.
    Normally he writes generalist lists with like 2 monstrous creatures, and then a few warriors, or zoanthropes. His troops are normally genestealers, but I think he'll be using gaunts and hormagaunts in the upcoming game... Is there any universal trick to going up against them? or even just a couple of little pointers?

Quote Originally Posted by Legendx
    *swallows pride* hey prince mike rutch, did you have a good day? *collapses*
    Quote Originally Posted by wakopanda
    so mike is to blame for all the chat deaths on earth
    Sval Foundation

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x1)

First question is what kind of army you're playing. Daemons are so varied, the options you have available to you are limited to what you're bringing yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the thing... I have no idea.
    I tend to proxy, as it is "friendly" matches that I play...
    I've only played as Daemons once before, although i've written about 10 seperate usable lists.
    In the lists i've written I tend to use primarily Khorne and Nurgle units, and I fielded 3 DP and Kugath in the 1500 army that I played.
    The army I was thinking of has:
    Bloodthirster
    5 flamers
    4 bloodcrushers
    10 plague bearers
    soul grinder with Phlegm

DP, nurgle with all nurgle upgrades, wings and armour
    5 Screamers
    10 Bloodletters
    7 flesh hounds

those are the two groups, with the ones on top being the preferred choice for 1st round. Also I need to change the screamers out because they're only in there for when I fight against tanks...
    Sval Foundation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Nurgle DPs will rip his MCs apart. Hitting on a 3+ and wounding on a 2+ with no save and virtually non-existent Tyranid invulnerables mean bad things for big bugs.

Lil' uns will go down to just about anything. Shooting, combat, whatever. Genestealers are tricky, but they can be gunned down fairly easily.

Fiends, as always, own everything.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

losts and losts of Horrors playing a week or two a go i kill 28 of his 32 Hormagunts in cover on my first turn you will get assaulted but you will criple him at the start

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Rather than taking a blood thirster take the Keeper of Secrets because the I10 with come into use.

Skulltaker on a jugger in your bloodcrusher unit would be excellent, nothing like killing a carni instantly.

No point in screamers as I believe melta bombs work only against vehicles, making them useless.

A unit of fiends and perhaps some daemonettes would be a good idea rather than taking the flesh hounds. Units who can attack before/at the same time as the nids are very benificial.

Playing 1500 points with only 2 troop choices will make it difficult to win any objective games.

5 flamers is probably a few too many for the one squad. Best bet to either take it down to 3 or add one more and split them into 2 x 3.

Nurgle DPs are always a great idea.

Overall, it's a decent list for catering against all armies, but if you're trying to tailor against nids, you ned a little more speed.

bloodletters aren't gonna do too well when anything they charge is either gonna strike at the same time as them or before them.

Glavas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Glavas View Post
    Skulltaker on a jugger in your bloodcrusher unit would be excellent, nothing like killing a carni instantly.
    Thanks heaps for the help, but any Nid in synapse range is immune to instant death. I actually had Skulltaker in my list originally, but took him out, exactly for this reason.
    Sval Foundation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rutch View Post
    Thanks heaps for the help, but any Nid in synapse range is immune to instant death. I actually had Skulltaker in my list originally, but took him out, exactly for this reason.
    Heh I don't see nid players running the carni in synapse very often. He's not a synapse creature himself.

Glavas

EDT: Skulltaker is still an awesome units for the point cost, and god forbid any nid gets out of synapse.

Reminds of the time i charged a ripper swaud out of synapse and they killed skulltaker...sigh.
    Last edited by Glavas; March 15th, 2009 at 03:40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you want to take a great unclean one with aura of decay. It will eat all his gaunt units and will kill any MC fairly easy. Also souldgrinders with Phlegm realy helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree with the person who posted about using lots of Horrors... they'll certainly eat through his smaller guys. MCs will be easy as cake to a Nurgle DP, I run mono-Nurgle and it's always been an effective measure to use against Fexes.

Throw Skulltaker in. And then giggle like a schoolgirl when your opponent accidentally forgets to keep his Fex in Synapse range... My Nidzilla-loving friend was the victim to that once and has never made that mistake ever again, lol. But it was fun the one time it happened.

Daemons are one of the better equipped armies to fight Nids, so it shouldn't be too difficult to make a decent list to fight him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast