Librarium Online Forums banner

Term Armour +1 Attack

544 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Scarred Moon 
#1 ·
Hi there. Quick question that Im a bit stuck on and need help on. Term Armour. Do terminators get +1 attack for weapon. as they can rapid fire and still assault. Can fire Heavy weapons and assault and Daemon Weapons become one handed for lords if in Term Armour. In games I play with local mate we play that they dont +1Att unless you have pair of Lightning Claws, but I have came across other gamers that say they do get +1Att for weapon, also I cant really find the rule in the Bible. ( 40k rulebook )

It might be idiots just making up their own rules and I still play that they dont get +1. It just makes my power armour get in a twist when stand there debating bout it for 30 min's. I have a good idea they dont but just need fellow battle brothers to second it.

Thanks Scarred ///

#4 · (Edited)
As Dreachon said, it's a no go in this codex. One problem that we're seeing here is the lack of reference in the 4th ed chaos codex as to whether or not chaos termi armor confers a +1A, whereas we naturally benefited from this in 3rd. For this reason, players often default to our loyalist counterpart codex as a source of rules. This is a very bad fallacy, as there's no precedence for doing this. If something is not mentioned in our codex then we do not get it (Big Gray Book excluded).

In addition, GW came out with an errata several months back, which addressed some of the other ambiguities of our codex (such as the rhino fire point debate). Again, chaos players made erroneous use of the main loyalist codex in order to demonstrate how the chaos rhino was 'meant' to have two ports in which passengers could use for firing. Of course, in the end, GW clarified the issue and declared our rhinos indeed had two points for firing. However, they did not make a similar ruling on our terminators. In other words, GW did NOT affirm that chaos termi armor adds +1A.

Also, our termis have a base attack of 2, whereas loyalist termis have only a base of 1 and then gain +1A from the termi armor itself (I believe this is how it works). In effect, the attack comparison of loyalist and traitors balances out, which I hope we can all agree was the intention of GW on this matter.

General Rule of Thumb: You CANNOT use a space marine codex to determine chaos marine rules... on anything.

#5 ·
What rabbit said, no +1 att for terminator armor. So hope that ends the 30 min arguments. I know makes as much sense as a winged possessed mini, when they don't get flight but hey thats life. Still think Chaos Termies are worth it in every point att or no extra att.

#6 · (Edited)
Also, our termis have a base attack of 2, whereas loyalist termis have only a base of 1 and then gain +1A from the termi armor itself (I believe this is how it works). In effect, the attack comparison of loyalist and traitors balances out, which I hope we can all agree was the intention of GW on this matter.
Loyalist Terms have 2 attacks standard as they are veterans. Nowhere in the codex does it state terminator armour give +1A anymore. All it does is give the proper saves and abilities now. As far as I know only the older books from Daemonhunters and such say it gives +1 A, even then the FAQ states if a Grey Knight Hero replaces his Term armour he doesn't lose his attack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.