nurgle plague tower - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

nurgle plague tower

i know its not adviseable, but am i allowed to use a nurgle plague tower in a ... non-apocalypse game? like let's say a 2000 point game?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For pick up games usually you cannot. It usually depends on the person(s) you are playing against. I have heard of people using certain datasheets and Apocalypse units in special tournaments.

Discussion with your opponent is the best way to go about it. If you game with a regular group, I would just ask them how they want to approach it.

If you are doing a lot of pick up games, take some time to create some ground rules for use of apocalypse units in a regular game. Maybe restrict it to to one per army, or a certain points value, or takes up a certain amount of slots on the force organization chart. Then when you meet some one new to play you can let them know your interested in playing a fair and balanced game. (but with some awesome uber units!)

If you do end up writing some guidelines let me know I'd like to hear them.
    Strange things lurk in the deep places of the world. - Check out my Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

alright sick
    because im going to start building a nurgle plague tower, ill get pictures as soon as i start (next week)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x3)

The imperial armour rules state you may use a detachment of super heavy vehicles (which is between 1 and 3) for every complete standard detachment you're playing with. It says after it this is to avoid using things like titans in games of under 2000 points.

By virtue of the fact they even mentioned having to iron out the possibility, the possibility must have been there in the first place, therefore I'd say as long as you're strictly adhering to both sets of rules, it shouldn't be a problem.

In the end though, everything noncodex you ever play with boils down to opponents consent, so I'd just go with that.

I hope that was all clear enough

The Apocalypse Imperial Armour Rules are a completely different kettle of fish. Only use them for Apoc. games to stay on the good side of everybody.

~ L
    Last edited by Dream Thief; March 24th, 2009 at 03:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

im sorry, it wasnt clear at all =( could you reword the imperial armor thing?
    or is it on gamesworkshop so i can read it myself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x3)

Right - there's two sets of rules for Forge World's models (and other general huge things) - there's "Imperial Amour" and "Apocalypse Imperial Armour"

"Imperial armour" are the rules that Forge world's models originally had, and have for a number of years now. The Apocalypse version is a relatively recent thing since the release of GW's Apocalypse 40k expansion. Both sets of rules cover the same models, but the Apocalypse version has some minor edits so that the models in it are better suited to big battles with the likelihood of several Forge World models being used.

The original imperial armour rules were written well before apocalypse, and were designed to allow you to use super-heavy vehicles (like the Nurgle plague tower) in games of 40k

If you're playing a standard game, use the imperial armour rules.

Is it even a little clearer yet?

~ L
    Last edited by Dream Thief; March 24th, 2009 at 03:46.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

yeah man
    clear as mud
    lol jks
    no i understand perfectly
    thanks, i apperciate it a lot

Mentioned