Wyches, What should i do! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wyches, What should i do!

My friend plays dark eldar and i cant beat his wyche squad he uses and it has been wiping out my squads. he runs 6-9 wyches with a drug dispencer and his HQ who has an agoniser that wounds on 4+ and a 2+invulnerable save in a raider. He always gets reroll misses and assult 12 inches and so even if i get them out of the raider they still manage to get to me and slaughter my guys before i can counterattack(initiative 6). Me and 6-7 of my other freinds are gonna have a tournament soon and im not sure what to do against them. its going to be a 1500 point battles and we will be able to modify the lists between battles. Here is the list i will be using,
    HQ
    155-DP w/MoS, Wings, and LoS
    Troops
    220-10 CSM AC with PF, IoCG, 2 meltaguns
    211- 7 PM, Plague champ w/ PF and 1 melta gun
    221- 7 PM, Plague champ w/ PF and 2 melta gun
    231- 7 1k sons with Aspiring with Doombolt
    Transports
    180-4 rhinos with combi weps
    Heavy Support
    130-Pred with sponson lascannon
    150- Defiler

now in this list i would say that the plague marines can be removed but everything else i feel like i will need.
    So what should i do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

Unless you down the Raider, they're going to make it to you quickly and that Archon (or Archite) is probably going to butcher one of your squads. The key is to make sure that it's just one squad. Don't let him multi-charge you with the Wyches/Archon and when they kill off a squad, make sure you have a Bolter-armed unit in LoS so that you can shoot the hell out of them. You can also Lash them into a Bolter crossfire.

Alternately, you could give your Aspiring Sorceror "Gift of Chaos" and send him and your T-Sons to fight the Wyches. With their ++4 saves, the Dust Marines should be able to absorb a charge. T3 Dark Eldar are eminently "spawnable" ... and it would be pretty funny to see the look on his face when his HQ gets turned into a slobbering monstrousity.
    "Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?

Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x2)

I have a list for You...

Hi I am a DE/CSM player (and orksies)

Do not panic, they are easy to handle!
    So, drop the meltas, there is no need for it againts DE, the best armor in vehicle is 11 !!! Heavy bolters should do better, and take missile launchers: blast will keep them stressed
    Power fist: waste of points, he can not take talos with wytch lord, so You don`t need superstrenght. (If You want to do instakill You can take some or just in case.)
    Instead take: bolters and flamers
    And some more flamers.
    Icons: slaanesh useless, the`ll strike first, tzeentch good againts the agonisers. Khorne and Nurgle also good.

And take more flamers (I just can not say it enough times) and Missile launchers, Heavy bolters and bolters. Shoot them up and burn them. Thats the way againts DE. Doombolt good.

Also, he can not take more then one effect from the drugs, every additional over one causes an unsaved wound, BEFORE the battle: the drugs working for entire battle on wytches, but only one turn for the Lord, but I am not 100% on this, You can check out the FAQ at GW site, maybe lasts for the entire battle for the LORD, I never used it. And also he HAS to roll, he CAN NOT choose the effect!
    Here is a wytch article about what they are capable of:

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...cariest-7.html

You can find it at the end (my post) of the thread in Daemonhunters "Which is the scariest?" thread, if the link does not work.

---------- Post added at 01:39 ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Psyan View Post
    Unless you down the Raider, they're going to make it to you quickly and that Archon (or Archite) is probably going to butcher one of your squads. The key is to make sure that it's just one squad. Don't let him multi-charge you with the Wyches/Archon and when they kill off a squad, make sure you have a Bolter-armed unit in LoS so that you can shoot the hell out of them. You can also Lash them into a Bolter crossfire.
    Yes, he`s got the point!
    Last edited by Kaptin Elwazz; April 2nd, 2009 at 02:41.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you explain drug rolls to me then cause i have thought he wasnt doing the rules right. He only rolls for drugs at the start of his assult phase and when he does he rolls 2 dice and as long as they are not the overdose wound thing he gets reroll miss and move 12 inches. can he not declare what he is rolling for?(he does have a drug dispencer on one of them)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

I'm pretty sure you roll their drugs once at the start of the game and they deal with that for the game. At least the wytches do I think. The lord rolls for every turn hes going to be used I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The dispenser allows an independant character or sergeant to pick options from a list, if he picks multiple then he rolls dice and doubles cause a wound and triples cause instant death. However, the dispenser only works for the character not for the squad. The squads of wyches roll at the beginning of the game and are stuck with the effect of one drug. The characters with dispensors can change it up every assault phase. If he is picking 12 inch assault and using that to get a squad into assault then the squad must have rolled for the 12 inch assault drug at the beginning of the game or they won't all be able to go 12 inches.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jsullivanlaw View Post
    The dispenser allows an independant character or sergeant to pick options from a list, if he picks multiple then he rolls dice and doubles cause a wound and triples cause instant death. However, the dispenser only works for the character not for the squad. The squads of wyches roll at the beginning of the game and are stuck with the effect of one drug. The characters with dispensors can change it up every assault phase. If he is picking 12 inch assault and using that to get a squad into assault then the squad must have rolled for the 12 inch assault drug at the beginning of the game or they won't all be able to go 12 inches.
    What he said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see so the wyches roll on drugs table like possed squads at the begining and keep that effect and the drug dispencer lets you roll for 1-3 drugs that u can pick but only that model gets the effect and u take a wound if you roll doubles and die it triples. right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by aberson126 View Post
    i see so the wyches roll on drugs table like possed squads at the begining and keep that effect and the drug dispencer lets you roll for 1-3 drugs that u can pick but only that model gets the effect and u take a wound if you roll doubles and die it triples. right?

Yep!

In my first 5th ed game with dark eldar, he got 1 of my wyche squadsby letting me take a squad. He essentially gave me a kill point. I won combat, consolidated as far as I could and then got torn up by thousand sons, that had just disembarked from a rhino.

However my advice is to Just plain shoot em'. Pop the raider first w/havocs or oblits and then go crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Question.

I mentioned this thread to a friend of mine, he said that the Weapon Skill penalty doesn't apply to Strength 6 models (or above). I was thinking, if you're lucky, with that Lash of Submission on your Daemon Prince, he could jump into combat and do his good work. Could he handle a squad? They don't have power weapons or anything do they?
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast