Librarium Online Forums banner

Question on defiler

930 views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  omgitsduane 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey, I just started 40k up again and picked chaos as my new army and I was just wondering how useful is a defiler if its set up to be just close combat oriented with all claws?

#3 ·
This is true because unless you want a lascannon for that extra strength against that one tank that really bugs you, you'll be shooting the battlecannon every turn.

And when you make it to CC, if you do, the extra arms give you a massive 6 attacks at strength 10 on the charge... Not to be sneezed at... Unless you target moved its full 12 last turn or its a squad of space marine terminators...

#8 ·
because its an ordanance weapon :p.

Oh yea, last question on this. Everyone is saying extra arms gives extra strength. Im using the rulebook before the latest and i guess this is a new rule? Because I cant find a single thing in it that pertains to extra arms/weapons giving more strength

#9 ·
What youre referring to is the dreadnought clocecombat weapons.

They double base strength (max 10) and negate armor saves..

The defiler comes with 2 dread weaps as standard, and can't be swapped.
In addition, the defiler can swap out the flamer/reaper for 2 more dreadweaps.

As long as the defiler has a dreadweapon left, it attacks at str 10.. if they all get blown off, it attacks with normal str 6 attacks.

Same goes for the dreads, if you swap out the complimentary CCW for another gun/ it gets destroyed, it loses the dread attacks and just headbutts the enemy with str 6.

Hope that helps

#12 ·
Dont forget about the point value if you choose to add the Twin Las. I field my defiler with 2 extra CC becuase i NEVER shot the autocannon. The battle cannon is ordinance so when thats fired everything else stands there and looks pretty. many field 2 in 1500+ lists i choose one solely because they are targeted first turn and once that battle cannon goes or it is immobilsed it is a simple piece of terrain. And also adding the CC arms is FREE.

#13 ·
In 2K I run 2 defilers with 2 dreadnoughts all with extra CC weapons (It's a khorne army). If my enemy decides to concentrate their firepower on them it just means they have a whole lot of unmolested berzerkers getting a lot closer to their lines. And in CC the attacks from a defiler will mow through almost anything. Someone mentioned terminators, but DCCW are power weapons too, so it's only the Inv Sv you have to worry about.

#15 ·
I've done the mathhammer and ran actual dice tests over and over and generally the defiler will kill 2-3 terminators a turn and sometimes NONE!

However even with the 2-3 terminators dead they still have well over enough to cause penetrating hits and destroy it. In all the tests I ran, the defiler NEVER survived the first turn of combat, and yes, I did give the defiler 2 extra CCW and counted him as charging since he has fleet he has a better chance.

So don't feel invincible running into terminator squads unless its already 1-3 models, and even then I'd pray hard.

#14 ·
Might just be me, but when hearing about space marine termies, I think of assault terminators with 3 storm shields for the 3+ invu and antivehicle value.. just so you dont underestimate the save all together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.