How many lesser deamons is too much - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many lesser deamons is too much

Ive just got a load of vostroyans from a friend and i had no idea what to do with them,but while i was att work i decided to use them as 'lesser deamons',i know theyre not deamons but im going to paint them up to be 'souls that cannot rest' as they are going to be part of my slaanesh warband ,soul keepers'

anyway i have roughly 30 and i was wondering would that be too much.

cheers
    matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

depends on the size game your playing. I use 10 in 2500 or above games other than that I wont use them, they seem to (for me) only work as a distraction. I will deep strike them as close as possible to the enemy to draw fire while i send in my termis or zerkers. But thats just me.
    There is no Emperor, false or otherwise.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Too much in what way? I'm sure your opponent won't mind 30 of them but you'll need to take care that you have enough icons to reliably bring them all onto the table. Also, you still need two units of troops since lesser daemons don't appear in the org chart, so you may not have enough points left over for non-troop units. I guess it depends on what sort of list you have in mind...it can work, but it won't be a very flexible list.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x3)

They mainly work as a distraction, or tying up enemy units for a turn or two in close combat. They got nerfed quite horribly in the new 'dex, and they were bad enough before - So that's pretty much all they can do anymore.

30 doesn't seem like too many at all to me, although it depends what size of games you're playing.

I use a unit of 10 quite frequently in 1000 points games, and I can't see the problem in turning that into two or three units the same size in a game slightly larger.

~ L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x4)

I've been using 2 squads of 7 as CC support troops; I think they're great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go with squads of 10 max, but if you want to look cool and be awesome take the full cap!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Grots?

I tend to use them the same way I use Grots in Ork games. They're great for either distracting or sitting on an objective, but little else. Still, a small unit is great in any size game, especially for the objective grabbing.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Demons hold objectives? I had some one tell me they can in a game. When I said that they are not Troops he said that they count as even though they don't take up a slot on the Force organization chart. I think that he was lying s he had no troops left.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Innocent

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Can Demons hold objectives? I had some one tell me they can in a game. When I said that they are not Troops he said that they count as even though they don't take up a slot on the Force organization chart. I think that he was lying s he had no troops left.
    Nope, he wasn't lying. They count as troops for all purposes, so they can indeed claim objectives. Most people who use demons use them as cheap objective holding units in larger games.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did a silly thing in a 1500 pt game, 1 DP, 5 terms, 2 squads of 5 marines, and the rest Daemons, 1 greater (AC in each squad of CSM) and the rest lesser i had 40 there i think, but only had one icon, and only just got my Greater daemon on, one AC left on board in turn 4,

i do like using the Daemons, and i belive they can capture objectives, so thats a bonus, they obviously are CC only, and there are better CC avaiable, if your playing Guard or necrons or Tau, where you will get lots of attacks in first, that is when 10/20 poss 30 lesser daemons can come good, since there only cheap units, 130 for 10 of them, there good

+ Reply to Thread