5th edition chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5th edition chaos

Is there 5th edition chaos codex

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not at the moment... or in the forseeable future. I have heard rumors at my store that there may be one in the works but it would be at least 2 years out. Orks, Space Marines, and soon Imperials are the only 5th ed. codices. Dark Eldar and Eldar I would think are a higher priority than us. I would hope to see a 5th ed. codex and seperate codices for Emperors Children, Worldeaters, Iron Warriors etc, like SM's have for Dark Angels, Ultramarines etc. Hopefully GW can up their schedules and put out updated codices for all the armies to bring them more in line with the new edition, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x4)

The current Codex available from GW was written with 5th edition in mind. It was released only 9 months before 5th ed was.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is true it did come out relatively close to the release of 5th edition rules but I don't know if it had 5th ed. in mind when written. Just compare it to the SM codex and how their HQ's work compared to ours. We went from being able to micro configure our army in 3rd ed. codex to having VERY vanilla configuration in 4th. This wouldn't be a bad thing if our HQ's flavored the army up like our loyalist cousins but ours don't. I may be wrong but I don't feel the current codex had much thought behind it nor was it well designed for the current edition of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x3)

I wouldn't have said eldar was a priority. The most recent eldar 'dex is fairly recent.

Dark eldar I would assume certainly will be higher in line than Chaos, and maybe Space wolves as well.

~ L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x4)

The current codex is allows much more freedom and captures a lot of the feel of the 2nd ed chaos marine list. Which seems to be the intent of the designers of 5th.

Not that it's pertinent to the thread but Space Wolves are next up after guard. I also wouldn't hold my breath on separate legion books; I honestly believe Jervis made this up off the cuff to get the Chaos players off his back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x3)

That sounds likely, but it is a bit of a bummer that the point of having your own individual army in terms of gameplay has been taken away.

~ L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

248 (x4)

I agree wholeheartedly! I'm still upset they didn't give us the options to build the cult legions as armies; I'm pretty sure they'll fix that when the next codex comes out in a few years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, I thoughtcodex: Legions would be around 2011 or so. The Inquisition armies need updating the most.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

248 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Utsujin View Post
    Eh, I thoughtcodex: Legions would be around 2011 or so. The Inquisition armies need updating the most.
    So far it's been said that codex legions is an idea that GW would like to do but not until the other books are updated at the earliest. For the record it's generally thought that DE and Necrons are most in need of updating.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast