Cotton "Khorne" - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cotton "Khorne"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cotton "Khorne"

I have made an Army List (posted in the Army List section under Total Chaos Force) and haven't gotten many responses as of yet. I feel that the basics of the army are pretty strong but I do have reservations on one unit choice. I am trying to represent ALL of the Chaos Gods in one way or another and have so far. My hang up is on the representation on Khorne.

Which units do you find the best to put the Mark of Khorne on. I am not looking for the use of Beserkers as my troops are accounted for. I want to know what choice the "mark" of Khorne work the best on. Basically which units have you "Caught on Khorne"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

If you're not looking at taking Berserkers or Khorne-marked CSM (and I'd suggest that you reconsider; they're great!) I'd say that Raptors are probably the next best choice.
    "Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?

Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personally lightning clawed terminators are quite khornish, with raptors, bikers and flamer armed havoks tying for second
    Take my words with a grain of salt, i am not the tactical genius i think i am!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm so you want a troop/elite choice to be dedicated to khorne but u dont want Berserkers. I have a 3k khorne army and the best models for that would be raptors then termies. BUt whats the reason behind the zerker hate? They can be deadly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was it just infantry you wanted to dedicate, or are your defilers good enough?.. Cus I'd dedicate those badboys with "BURN, MAIM, KILL"
    And now to erase your memory of this entire conversation.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well first let me tackle the most pressing question. What's with all the Beserker hate? I don't really hate them I just already have a list incoperating Noise Marines and Plague Marines. If I start to use Beserkers also I don't get the body count for the points that normal CSM's will give me. Also it seems to be common practice to only include 2 different types of Cult Units, and I have decided on the two for me.

Raptors seem to be a popular choice so far. That is what I thought at first also. My only problem with that is the unit I would use (8 count, for fluff, with 2 meltas and a Champ w/ LC's) totals 250 pts. Yes that isn't too much more than the 235 or so points it would cost me for the termies, but that is also why I have asked the question . I have also proxied Raptors in games already and they didn't work all that well for me. I may have been using them wrong though, so how do you all that recommend them use them?

As for dedicating the Machines? Well the Rhinos will be dedicated to the units they carry and I haven't really thought of dedicating the others. The Dread will not be for sure as I have plans to do him as a sort of Character on his own. Special model with TONS of customizing... hopefully one day I will finish it and can post shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

what about some chosen? give them some close combat equipment, let's say 2 guys with pair of lightning claws, one campion with power fist, up to two special weapons and the icon of khorne? that should make for some awesome carnage with a bit of luck.

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

If you are feeling lucky take a terminator lord with Mark of khorne and bloodfeeder. If you dont mind a 1 in 3 chance of taking a wound, you can have 9-17 attacks on the charge. Put him withe khorne terminators with L claws and it will cause a huge mess. Possesed beleive it or not are good with MoK, their Daemonkin roles favor Close combat. Scouts, fleet, furious charge, feel no pain, rending or power weapons. Add the mark of khorne and thats one deadly unit.

For troop choices I have a regular CSM unit with mark of khorne and 2 flamers.
    If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or erm kharn?.. you know... the most deadliest khorne representative out there... you know... lol its just a suggestion, but thats my 2 cents
    finding some space for naked Rhinos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x3)

I don't use the mark of khorne that much to be honest, but the best thing I've found to have is probably raptors. My raptor champion (two lightning claws and MoK) is pretty damn fearsome.

~ L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast