Chaos Renegades/Traitor Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Renegades/Traitor Guard

Hey, A few questions about making a traitor Guard/Renegade army to go along side my CSM,

Does anyone have one (if you do, any chance of seeing some pics)
    Is the best way to do this, to just use the guard codex, or is there some other codex.
    Is the best way of making the troops, using the FW kit, or converting my self.

(basically what i thought it would end up being is a Guard army i have made Chaos )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x3)

You could do it however you want really. You could use the guard codex, and for all intents and purposes it would be a guard army, but you'd just be creative on the modelling and painting side so they looked like a traitor legion. That'd be the ideal thing to do if you wanted to use them in tourneys.

As for the modelling side, that's entirely up to you. Personally I'd convert them myself - for starters, it'll be considerably cheaper than buying countless FW kits, and to boot your army will be completely unique.

~ L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose, Chaos Guard, would be best looking Nurgle wouldn't they, especially the tanks anyway, plus they are probably easiest to convert, using green stuff and bits of chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x3)

Take a look at some of the threads on the site of people converting loyalist marines to Plague marines to get a good idea of how they do it - Seems to be buboes and boils made out of green stuff, bits of rot and the like, and holes drilled into bits of them sometimes.

~ L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i too am making a companion renegade guard army to go with my Death Guard army. For infantry i am using the FW conversion kits, conscripts if used will be zombies and i am just chaosifying standard IG vehicles.

so far i am working on a trio of basilisks and a trio of superheavies.

Basilisk 1 will ook like a normal bassie except i will have the track gaurds on and have spikes on them

Basilisk 2 will have an IG trooper chained to the sides of the gun armor, i am thinking of using the guys poping out of the haches as models and making them look like they were torn in half with guys and blood going down the armor

Basilisk 3 will have a guy impaled on some spikes on the basilisk

i was originally going to mix skeleton and IG parts to make an undead guard but it seems that has been done before, the other option would be to use zombie parts which i might for some squads but i like the look of the FW kits.
    May the "Nurgley Goodness" protect you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x3)

Dethklaat, What superheavies you got lined up?

~ L

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

Greenstuff everything, cut on everything and make it green.
    Nurgle, the freshmaker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Thief View Post
    Dethklaat, What superheavies you got lined up?

~ L
    first is a standard baneblade which is just going to get spikey bitz i think

second is a stormlord dubbed "Killchain" with spikes and chains all over, also barbed wire running along the sides with dead IG trapped in the wire and a nice spikey ram suspended by chain on the front.

lastly is a banesword (the artilery variant) no idea what i am going to do with this one but maybe look like they are using virus shells or coating them before firing.

i also have a Chaos Warhound that is in many many pieces, and i would like to eventually try my hand at making a Plague Tower when more IG tank kits come out to be used as parts.
    May the "Nurgley Goodness" protect you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

If you want some nice visual and textual hints, buy the Eye of Terror Codex. It has Lost and the Damned armyrules, LatD being the GW name for traitor guards / mutant horde.

Also the Gaunst Ghosts novels deal with loads of traitors.

Last but defenitly not least, the FW traitor models: Link

And many more!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread