Soul grinder? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soul grinder?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soul grinder?

Hey gents, I was just wondering if its legit to use a soulgrinder instead of a defiler since they appear to be the same thing. I read some rule about the soulgrinder being able to shoot warp out of its mouth or something similar.. But yeah just curious to see if it is useable in a CSM army.

Thanks!

-Brett

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Well If you just want to use the Soul Grinder model as a Defiler I guess you could do it as long as you told your appoint what you were doing.
    If you do things right people wont be sure if you have done anything at all.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

If you were playing me, I'd say heck yeah. I think he looks freaking awesome. It really all depends on what your opponent is cool with.

But I'm pretty sure 90% will be cool with it, and 98% would be cool if you took some defiler arms and slapped them on the soul-grinder. That'd be effing metal.
    Nurgle, the freshmaker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

What is a soulgrinder?

Basically a defiler with the daemon inside unleashed.

So yes you can use a soulgrinder as a defiler (SG IS $5 cheaper than the defiler ) But you cannot use the SG rules (obviously).

But I suppose if your opponent gives you permission than who cares.

hope this helped!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x3)

taking a soulgrinder would be trully badass, specially if you did what Serbi said and stuck a couple of defiler arms on it. I'd give you extra victory points just for being awesome

~ L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

using Chaos Daemons rules, Soul Grinder is much better than the Defiler imo, the better armour for a start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the soul grinder's superiocity should really be seen with the armylist in mind as well, along with price costs. I haven't seen it myself, or its stats, but If anybody were too use a model, belonging to another army, I would really like a valid reason.
    - I agree, and te model is nice, and if anyone would run it as a defiler, I wouldn't stop him/her.. it's roughly te same size, and looks so I'm not against it. but running it like its originale model would take some fluffwise factor, or health reason to convince me..

Even to, I like te idea of "real" deamons in a Word Bearer army, I still like te lesser deamon fluff better.
    And now to erase your memory of this entire conversation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if you where doing a CSM, Daemon based army it would be really good model to use as a Defiler, (Although if you wanted a Daemon army, it would make sense to use the Daemons Codex ) good way to have a CSM Daemon army, would to be having duel DP, Possessed or converted Dreads, maybe two squads of Marines (possibly in converted Rhinos) with Icons, with lots of Lesser Daemons, and a Greater Daemon (i wish i could use two at once )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

Shouldnt be a problem in friendly games-Im going to do it just because my regular opponent wont have a problem with it and Im not buying a second defiler. Its weapons are pretty much the same if you think about it. Id have no problem as long as it counts as a Defiler.
    Currently play: 4000+ of Black Legion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The army that won "Best Painted" at the Seattle grand tournament earlier this year used a Soul Grinder instead of the Defiler model.

I would say it is definately legit to use the soul grinder model instead of the stupid defiler model.

+ Reply to Thread