Slaneesh Chosen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slaneesh Chosen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Slaneesh Chosen

So I've been playing a pure nurgle force for ages, and am not starting to branch out. and was thinking, how effective is a unit of chosen with 4 power weapons with the mark of slaneesh work for a force? Thinking putting in a sorcerer to pull my oponent closer then charge them, they have I 5 power weapons and 3 attacks each on the charge that should destroy most MEQ, just wondering if others use this tactic and how effective it is.

Painting: 20 quarrelers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x6)

5 chosen 4 PW and slaanesh is 170 pts, lacking any protection, and space for one person to die before losing a PW.

125pts for a sorseror with slaanesh and lash.

At minimum your looking at 295pts for this unit, if you put the squad up to maybe 8-10 you will have some more space for those to be expected lascannons and plasma guns before your PW go away. 8 men makes the unit 224 points. meaning with mr magic your looking at 249 pts with no real protection.

if you want, a rhino is workable for atleast SOME protection thats likely to keep them safe 1st turn and get them moving to cover.

Id say, its worth a shot if you have the points to use without lacking other essential pieces of equipment. But i wouldnt bank on them being devistating, atleast after the 1st round of combat if they dont get S2S before they get to the line.

Up to you, never use that idea before, as slaanesh just doesnt scream "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" to me. Hah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

I was planing on more then just 5 in the unit and yes was planing on a rhino.
    another option is drop the sorc, and then infiltrate the unit close to the enemy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've not used Chosen or much of Slaanesh yet (i plan to soon). Something else you might look into is using the infiltrate skill to outflank, which can be incredibly deadly in table-quarters games if you roll well on table edges. regular infiltration wouldn't be bad either, especially if you can bring other units in quickly to reinforce their position (eg: bikes, raptors, winged prince, summoned demons, deep striking termies, etc.) though if you're wanting to deep strike, since this unit is designed to take out heavy infantry/MEQ, watch out for land Speeder Storms, their jamming beacons can ruin your day.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

163 (x6)

I would say the idea in and of itself, it sound.

The only concern being if they infiltrate into a poor position or the opponent goes first and happens to dislike that unit, they could hit some serious problems. So, if your willing to risk the points, it could prove to be quite useful, or a complete point sink. At this point, its your call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

that is pretty much my issue, i think i'll run them a few games and tell you guys how they work.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

163 (x6)

Sounds like a plan.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

I Personally Use a 10 man Squad of Chosen with MoS. They serve as My Combat Spealist, HQ killers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've considered doing this myself, but I don't think it will work particularly well. If they come in with a rhino, they can't charge that turn. If you give them plasma, they can jump out and toast the meq's right away before they are dakka'd into oblivion. For fluff reasons, the PW slaanesh chosen make sense, but not for tactical reasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

i'd take slaanesh terminators instead. chosen are almost as pricey, have weaker shooting and way worse armour. the terminators can deepstrike which is better than outflanking imho.
    transportation is way more expensive for the termies but if you won't use it at all it doesn't matter. terminators can have way more effective shooting than chosen at the same time as very good close combat potential, which is a nice bonus.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast