WYSIWYG for Plague Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WYSIWYG for Plague Marines

I have a 8 man unit of CSM. Two have melta guns, and one is a champ with fist.
    In a tournament could I just use this unit as a 8 man Plague Marine unit with the same equipment?

Or do you need the actual Plague Marine models to play them in a tournament?

"When Blood Speaks, Shadows Answer."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

its really up to your organizer. Really as long as you don't also have similiar normal units of CSM that look like your plague marines that are not also plague marines should not be an issue. If you intend on them being plague marines its easier just to greenstuff them some nurglishness or paint them in nurglish colors. Ultimately its up to whoever runs your tournament and as long as your opponent knows they are in fact plague marines should not be an issue.
    My upcoming blog in the works:
    http://plasticrackminis.blogspot.com/

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

I would say aslong as they are easily distinguishable from the normal chaos marines then yes.
    I use some converted CSM as plague marines in my force, they all have imperial fists helemts mounted on spikes and lots of bionics and intergrated weaponary.

Dan

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

As long as you don't do what one of our players did, and just paint two green blobs on their backpacks. I told him if he does that again I'll drop them in a bucket of green paint - when we say WYSIWYG, we mean it
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Well remember that the codex fluff even states there are plague marines outside of the death guard and not all deathguard look the same. That's just the fluff defense to using normal CSM because I know I do the same.

I use green and brown painting scheme for my marines with some gloss (to make them look oozy) and never had any complaints. Just make them different looking from the rest of your army and it shouldn't be a problem. If someone is being a dick ask them if they are sure they have seen all plague marines in the galaxy and that they know exactly what everyone looks like. If that dosn't shut them up, smack them the model. Remember the warning on the GW boxes for times like that, small parts when swallowed can cause choking
    "Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Yea just paint them and give them the according weaponry/gear. Thats what i did.
    If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Plague Marines come in many more colors than green.
    I'm working on some of the white plague marines from the codex.
    I can't remember their name.
    The white ones with the weepy eyes.

I was just curious what other people have heard.

Thanx everyone.
    "When Blood Speaks, Shadows Answer."

+ Reply to Thread