Real Tournament Army Dilema - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Real Tournament Army Dilema

Right, this could be in Army List section, but involves more than just lists:
    In November (might be October) i am going to go to Open War, a 1750 Tournament,
    i cannot decide what to use Troop wise, and what is better:
    this is what i have chosen, and would prefer to keep:

2x Lash Prince with Wings (310 points)-to kill things with
    5x Chosen (5x Meltas) (140 points)- to Outflank, or infiltrate, and kill tanks
    Karmoon Terminators (175 points)
    2 x Oblit (150 points)
    2 x Oblit (150 points)

that leave 840 points i believe, in my first draft i had a Multi-Melta Dread, but apart from the possibility of killing my own stuff, it left only 740 points for troops:

Recently i have mainly been using 8x Zerkers in a rhino with PF, 243 points, i could have 3 lots of those with the Dread, and have room for a couple more upgrades (5 point ones??)
    i then thought, if its a tournament, i will be playing all 3 missions (not sure how many times, it is only 1 day though. so probably all three once), so i thought in terms of Annialation, that's 3 easy kill points in the rhinos, and 3 troops choices that i won't sit on a point in capture points (i would just send them off to kill)
    So next option i though of, was 2/3 squads of 10 CSM with PF i think, and a 5 man sonic blaster noise marine squad. but that's foot slogging, which might not be that good, i do need some transport.

I have now worked out that for 840 points i can have 56 marines, so 4 squads of 10, would leave me with 210 points for rhinos and upgrades.

WHAT IS THE BEST TROOP I NEED HELP. by Wednesday would be nice, as i am playing this army on Thursday night.

P.S
    the 840 points, just tell me what you would do with them, i don't want to use 1k sons, i think when you have to have the sorcerer they are not worth there points. I do not really want to change what i have already said (HQ, Elite and Heavy) but they can be added too, i want this list to be fun, so i don't want 9 oblits, 4 will do fine maybe 6. i would like to have a few units to throw around, so the 3 squads of zerkers would be a no go, i do think mabey just Noise marines, but i currently have 0 noise marines, so would cost too much
    Anyway thanks, sorry for long post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use squads of plague marines they can sock up alot of hits thrrow them all in rhinos to cover them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do like Plagues, and unless AP1/2/3 shots are fired at them, they are extremely hard to kill, but i am sort of thinking, if i have2 Slaanesh DPs leading my army, i really shouldn't have Plagues i like the idea of 1 squad of each Mark/God, but it would have to be 4 1k sons with Sorcerer, to make points lower, and then that's an easy kill point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even when PMs get hit by AP3, they still get FnP (provided it's not S >= 8 ), which is why they're better fire soaks than the average MEQ.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

You could go with an all infantry build to minimize kill points, and then run noise marines with the upgrade and then one with the blast master.

840 pts...

7 noise marines (6 with the sonic upgrade, one with blast master)
    210 points

210 points

210 points

210 points

BAM, 840.
    Nurgle, the freshmaker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right only 4 boxes of Noise Marines, box of New Terminators(then i need to make Combi-plasmas ???), im getting that LOTR model as my second DP (how do i make a Whip ?), 2 more Oblits, and well, if im using Noise, i can just use Normal Marines as my Chosen, but i was going to use Dark Angels
    (i do like the Noise Marine idea , its just going to cost a bit, because i would have to get 4 boxes of noise, then 3/4 sonic blaster packs)
    Any other ideas, ? i'm not settled yet, the Noise does seem like a good idea though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te be honest, I'm not sure about the Terminators, because i will have to buy some new ones, then some how make Combi-plasmas (probably not hard, stick a bolter on a plasma but I'm not to sure, plus they won't be THAT good in combat, with only 5, and only 3 attacks each on charge. if someone just wants to write me a 1750 list, that is fun to play with, will stand a chance in a tournament, if someone wants to do that please do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, conventional wisdom in the general 40k community seems to agree that competitive lists have three key components: Lash Princes, Plague Marines in Rhinos, and Obliterators. Stick those together in some combination, and you can't go wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the Karmoon terminators again?
    40,000- 7,000 Points Chaos Space Marines=18 and 17
    40,000- 2,500 Points Tau Empire=1 and 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Karmoon Terminators - 4 termies, 3 x Combiplasma, 1 Hvy Flamer, 1 PF for a cheap package of 150

I would run at least 2 squads of 10 CSM with Fist, 2 x Melta, IoCG, Rhino
    Then gather up the rest of the points for at least 1 squad of Zerkers and then anything else you would like to sent off to kill with or to babysit objectives liek Noise Marines

If you drop and Obli and make 1 cult of 3, you lower your kill points also. But I rarely see them as anything but 2 cults of 2...

+ Reply to Thread