Terminator Advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terminator Advice

Hello minions of the Immaterium!

I'm looking for some advice on terminator setups. I've searched around the forums but I've not really found what I'm looking for, so I'm turning to the trusty LO masters to help me out.

Currently, I'm using a Slaanesh Army at 1500 Points. I've got 3 CSM Squads and some Noise Marines, 2 Oblits, a Defiler, and a Termie Sorc w/ Lash.

I have 205 Points remaining, that I'd like to spend on a Terminator Retinue for my Sorceror.

The idea I'm having, is with the Mark of Slaanesh, and Initiative 5, they'd be striking first against most MEQs, especially other Terminators, Marines and the like, so I'd like to avoid a Power Fist Happy squad.

My current thought is to have a 5 man Terminator Squad, 3 with Lightning Claws, 1 w/ Power Weapon+Heavy Flamer, 1 w/ Power Weapon+Combi Melta, however, I'm looking for some advice as to how you would spend your 205 points!

Thank you in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

First question... Deep striking or foot slogging or in a LR? CC termi squads can work fine in Landraiders but are failry useless otherwise as they are easy to avoid. Deep striking or foot slogging you are probably best off going with the following:

5x termis, 4x combi plasma + PW, 1x heavy flamer + fist, IoS

I don't have my dex on me but I thank that comes out to 205 on the nose. the combi plasma + HF combo is devastating on a deepstrike and even foot slogging it is nice to have those plasma shots if needed. Keeping 4x power weapons also lets you take advantage of the increased initiative from the icon.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

I usualy wont run termies in a 1500 list, better to spend the points on plague marines!
    But when I do run them, depending on my mood, I'll either go with 5 MoK, Combi Meltas + Powerweapons on 4, Chainfist + Heavy Flamer on another, or same weapons, and MoN for survivability.
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironangel256 View Post
    First question... Deep striking or foot slogging or in a LR? CC termi squads can work fine in Landraiders but are failry useless otherwise as they are easy to avoid. Deep striking or foot slogging you are probably best off going with the following:

5x termis, 4x combi plasma + PW, 1x heavy flamer + fist, IoS

I don't have my dex on me but I thank that comes out to 205 on the nose. the combi plasma + HF combo is devastating on a deepstrike and even foot slogging it is nice to have those plasma shots if needed. Keeping 4x power weapons also lets you take advantage of the increased initiative from the icon.
    5x termis... oh, wait... Iron Angel pretty much said exactly what I was aiming for. A five man retinue is very respectable for a termi lord or termi special character. It keeps the overall cost in check, while still providing a very respectable amount of offense. In IronAngel's case, the termis can mow through enemies within rapid fire range, then assault for the final blow. I approve, 102%.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your giving your sorceror a close combat retinue you might as well exchange lash of submission for warptime. As for the retinue I think a 4 man squad, 3 with combi melta and lightning claw, 1 with chainfist and heavy flamer. Add an icon of slaanesh and the total comes to 200pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are people only putting in 1 or 2 chain fist in the 5 man set ups? I can see all the combis and HF if your deep striking up your opponites butt, but for foot sloging? I like the idea of twin-linked bolters and the reaper auto channon, gives great range when moving around.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Monstein View Post
    Why are people only putting in 1 or 2 chain fist in the 5 man set ups? I can see all the combis and HF if your deep striking up your opponites butt, but for foot sloging? I like the idea of twin-linked bolters and the reaper auto channon, gives great range when moving around.
    If you want to spend 70+ points on chainfists for a throwaway unit, go ahead. However I like to keep them as cheap as possible, after the combi weapons, I cannot justify more then 1 or 2 powerfists on my squads.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Riptor View Post
    If you want to spend 70+ points on chainfists for a throwaway unit, go ahead. However I like to keep them as cheap as possible, after the combi weapons, I cannot justify more then 1 or 2 powerfists on my squads.
    Ahh thats why. I don't view any unit as throw away. The moment I start thinking that way I take it out of the list.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Would you consider Possessed for a retinue? They're very good CC fighters and Lash would remove the drawback of no frag grenades. Dropping your Sorceror to standard armor in addition would allow sweeping advances. The unit would be much cheaper and could ride in Rhinos, too.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possessed? If you want a footslogging retinue I would go Slaanesh unit with champ w power weapon and doomsiren. Obvioulsy if you roll a 6 for the power weapon possessed are cool, otherwise a noise marine squad is surely better and about the same price.
    I have considered 2 or 3 Obliterators as a retinue for a Slaanesh Sorc. That may be a bit mad though.........
    For terms as already said 1 with heavy flamer and power fist/chain fist and 3 or 4 with combi melta/combi plasma. These guys destroy. For the lash sorc go combi plasma and heavy flamer, you can easily bunch them for a template. May even be worth replacing a combi flamer for a combi plasma (though I would keep 2-3 plasma still).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast