Are Lash Princes really all that - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are Lash Princes really all that

I konw I'm still learning, a good few player take double Slaanesh DP with the lash, are they really that good......

I have played both Eldar snf Nids that both have items that make you throw 3 dice for psyker test and its not much points against mech armies.............

comments welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its the versatility that makes lash princes so beneficial. Imagine being able to pull those annoying eldar rangers out of cover and lash them within charging range of your berzerkers

how about taking a full squad of dire avengers and bunching them all together so your defiler can hit ALL of them with the battlecannon?

yes lash is definitely worth it and all that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

Certain armies find it easier to combat than others. It seems to work well against most armies besides Eldar and Nids though.
    Currently play: 4000+ of Black Legion

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Aside from the standard template abuse, the advantage I mainly take from the lash is three fold:

1) It virtually always guarantees I'll get the charge on at least one enemy unit, usually at the most opportune time and opportune enemy unit. Berzerkers come to mind. This shouldn't be underestimated even for our other Troop Choices, as a good number of battles transpire in domino-like effect, so the first can be vital.

2) Chaos is one of those armies that excel in short range, combined assaults. Therefore, the lash has excellent synergy on this account. In fact, I rarely charge into combat without taking at leasts two of my units. This helps with "turn timing," in that I can usually finish off an enemy squad and be out of close combat and ready to assault again by the end of my opponent's turn (that's one game turn). Then, the lash goes off during my turn... and it happens all over. This tactic, at least for me, has been very consistent. Concerning the lash, once more, the ability to "reach out" and hand pick enemy units is down right surgically tortuous for an opponent, and gives my marines added range.

3) Mid to late game often results in large numbers of models in a relatively compact region of the board. In these scenarios is where the lash truly becomes a god-tool, allowing me to select the enemy's weakest units, thus providing your close combat squads effectively the benefit of flanking.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

The lash IS amazing, your opponents just have an amazing way to deal with it: Making it not work.

So against eldar and nids, it's a wasted 10 pts. Still not a big deal, you're still inish 6.
    Nurgle, the freshmaker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personly don't like lash at all. Most, if not all, of the people I play at my FLGS are mec armys. The only army I can think of it working on, at my FLGS, is removing the kroot bubble rape local tau players use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

Another god send with the lash is the ability to move the enemies troops choices away from objectives in the final turns of the game, and your own onto them.

This is in my opinion a potentially game winning power.

In your case this ability could be one of the more useful ones, by the final turns you may have been able to remove the offending 3 dice causing irritants, (I assume this is possible, and not that simply inclusion in the army list causes the effect, I'm not familier with those dexes.) Thus allowing free reign towards the end.

I prefer the idea of a lash librarian personally, less of a target.
    Inquistion force WIP. Pics on posts 17 and 23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

Let's not forget that nothing gets most players steamed up like someone else moving their models. There are people who over react to Lash enough for them to screw up the game going after a Prince/Lord. And hell even if they do something to protect against it, you still have a daemon prince, presumably with wings.

I personly don't like lash at all. Most, if not all, of the people I play at my FLGS are mec armys. The only army I can think of it working on, at my FLGS, is removing the kroot bubble rape local tau players use.
    I recommend a can opener. Get the people out of the transports, then move them where they need to be. Those winged monstrous creatures might help.
    Last edited by sithjack; August 2nd, 2009 at 06:47.
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

The others all have said good advice. Forgive me for the crude metaphor, but I kind of see this as being similar to use of a gun. Everybody basically gets the general idea and ease of use, hence the popularity - some have protection from it - but in the hands of a skilled user it becomes a very powerful tool. Make sense at all?

That's not to say of course that you're a moron if it doesn't work for you, please don't take offense. Sometimes mech armies do make it very difficult.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sithjack View Post
    I recommend a can opener. Get the people out of the transports, then move them where they need to be. Those winged monstrous creatures might help.
    You ever played a 2 landraider 10 TH/SS SM army? Imperial Guard with 4 vandettas and alot of other tanks? (if that guard army gose first most player will just give up before rolling and shoots) Any alpha strike army? We have others that the tank openers that Chaos gets don't work well, or in time.

Quote Originally Posted by hotspike18 View Post
    The others all have said good advice. Forgive me for the crude metaphor, but I kind of see this as being similar to use of a gun. Everybody basically gets the general idea and ease of use, hence the popularity - some have protection from it - but in the hands of a skilled user it becomes a very powerful tool. Make sense at all?

That's not to say of course that you're a moron if it doesn't work for you, please don't take offense. Sometimes mech armies do make it very difficult.
    Yeap. If your fighting some with alot of dismounted slash if a blast. If your fighting someone with equal skill and know what lash can do will make sure they don't get out of there tanks or kill the lasher rather fast.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast