Deep Striking a Winged Daemon Prince. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Deep Striking a Winged Daemon Prince.

Hey guys,

Was just perusing over my list and codex and happened to notice that my friendly Daemon Prince, Geoff, is actually able to deepstrike, so now i have never bothered to deep strike him due to the lack of being able to assault after the strike and not having a firing weapon on him normally.

Anyway, feel free to discuss, i can see it being worth while tactically to maybe support some deepstriking terminators or using Bolt of change or Wind Of Chaos.

Just wanted to see anyone else's opinions on the possibility of it's tactical use or any experiences with Deep Striking a Daemon Prince or a pair of Princes.

Winter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I was unaware they could, turns out we can all learn something new =D

Anyway it would be a complete waste of a Daemon Prince. Having to wait for the reserve roll is too many turns your badboy Geoff is off the table. Especially with wings he can be in combat in turn 2. Or in many lash-prince players case, they like throwing enemies around from turn 1.
    | Hybrid Warband | __*W:7 *D:1 *L:1__
    | Hive Fleet Hybrid | __*Not Unleashed*_

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

More than anything, it's just another tactical option. Our raptors can deep strike too. In fact, all jump infantry can deep strike, including Lords and Sorcerer's with jump packs.

You can imagine a terminator strike with a pair of princes, raptors, and half a dozen oblits. That's a lot deep striking potential.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've used it once when they where forced to deploy in reserves anyway. It worked just fine, it really fun to drop a flying monstrous creature next to the enemy, since if the don't kill him he can charge anything he likes next turn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I guess they can deep strike. I thought I read that jumppacks/wings only allowed them to move like jump infantry, not become them, but it seems like chaos packs/wings override this(as far as allowing them to deep strike). That could be useful, so far I've only used a chaos lord which I like to pair up with raptors, and I don't think it is wise to try to deep strike them both and then try to join them up because they could be quite a distance apart.

Seems like a great way to get your DP blasted to shreds if he lands in a bad place out in the open, but it could also put a cc-based DP in perfect position to tear apart a key unit or two early on.
    Last edited by paregoric_HAL; August 18th, 2009 at 04:37.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

If your deep striking several units, this could help to bring about the dreaded, "second Front" that appears in your enemies behind!
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

If you deepstrike several units, your army will be arriving piecemeal, giving your opponent a golden opportunity to focus his fire and systematically kill off your units as they arrive. Not to mention the risk of deepstrike mishaps. And the Daemon Prince specifically...well, it's not a Carnifex. Moving in close to the enemy without the opportunity to charge is a good way to be rapid-fired to death. A DP is no tougher than two Plague Marines, at least to bolters.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    A DP is no tougher than two Plague Marines, at least to bolters.
    Weaker, actually. FNP. Ain't that a funny pickle.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

The only time I'd make heavy use of this strategy is during a Planetstrike game where a Daemon Prince could assault out of Deep Strike.

+ Reply to Thread