Bikes assault range? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bikes assault range?

I was brushing up on the exact rules for moving assaulting units and noticed that there's nothing in the rulebook that declares how far a bike can assault.

Quote from the rulebook, page 33: The maximum distance MOST units can move during an assault is 6".

That covers infantry. Now lets check page 34: All of the models in an assaulting unit make their assault move following the same rules as in the Movement Phase.

Wich confirms that infantry can only assault 6".

Lets take a gander at the bike movement rules, page 53: Bikes can move up to 12" in the Movement Phase.

Does that mean Bikes assault 12"?

Can anyone refer me to a page that confirms or denies this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I forget the page but they can only assault 6" for sure. Cavalry assaults 12".
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

As a general rule of thumb if it doesn't state otherwise under the rules for that model type, it uses that of standard infantry. So yes, bikes only assault 6".
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Excess has it right I'm sure. Only beasts and calvery assault 12" from what I remember. Even jump troops that move 12" assault only 6"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also assume that bikes only assault 6", but i'd still like to find it in black & white. Otherweise it's up for debate.

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

It's really not up for debate, everyone knows it, lemme dig around the rulebook and find it.

Edit: Page 33 says a unit may only move 6" to assault. Page 54 Says Beasts and Cavalry may make 12" assault moves. Page 53 says Bikes are not slowed by terrain in assault but treat it as dangerous, nothing about 12" thus they move 6".
    Last edited by EmoJosh; August 25th, 2009 at 15:42.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And slow and purposeful beasts (who have the same rules as cavalry) can assault this far: Roll two dice, take the highest, double this number for the assault range.

Something nice I found out when I started using more spawn from gift of chaos =D
    Be nice to your enemies, it will make them madder!

+ Reply to Thread