Making a Defiler into a Soul Grinder - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

17 (x1)

Making a Defiler into a Soul Grinder

I've been playing CSM for a while and want to branch out into Daemons for a bit of variety. I already have quite a few demon models to get me started. I have a defiler that a built with a magnetised top section (with 2 fixed close combat arms), so that it can turn easily without falling off and can be broken in two for transport.

Is it possible to buy the demon top section for a Soul Grinder from say a bits seller on ebay and attach it to my Defiler? This needs to be with magnets so the Defiler & Soul Grinder are easily interchangeable. Are the Defiler and Soul Grinder bottom sections more or less interchangeable? I can see that the front legs/claws are slightly different, but I built my Defiler with both claws on the ground for stability/strenght so they would do fine as Soul Grinder front legs. I don't mind basic conversion projects & simple magnetising, but don't want to get involved with anything too complex. Any advice, suggestions, etc?

2. Remove Advertisements

Freehold, NJ
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

Yes, that seems perfectly reasonable. The legs portion of the defiler, as far as I can tell, is the same exact parts as the legs in the soulgrinder model. The trick is finding the upper body/arms parts of the soulgrinder, but it'd definitely be cheaper than trying to find an entire soulgrinder. Personally, I'd consider finding an alternative to the upper body and arms/legs of the soulgrinder, and instead convert some other large plastic model (whatever you can find cheap on ebay) into the soul grinder's upper body. It's up to you. Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."

+ Reply to Thread