Imperial Armour in tournies?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imperial Armour in tournies??

Hi guys. I'm headin off to a tourney and they are allowing IA stuff except Super Heavies, Gargantuans and Flyers. Never really invested in them as they are way to $$$. Most of the stuff is for Guard/Loyalist scum anyways. Just wonderin if this is common and if there is anything that I should really watch out for?
    Cheers

Everyone is corrupted by Chaos, myself more than others!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by KingDamo View Post
    Hi guys. I'm headin off to a tourney and they are allowing IA stuff except Super Heavies, Gargantuans and Flyers. Never really invested in them as they are way to $$$. Most of the stuff is for Guard/Loyalist scum anyways. Just wonderin if this is common and if there is anything that I should really watch out for?
    Cheers
    From what I hear, most of the IA stuff is overpriced so there will be less other things to worry about.

But I don't have any specific examples at the moment.
    Chaos Army Builder by Caluin -PM me with email address for a copy
    Ask for either Excel 97-2003 or 2007 version
    Battle for Arthas Molotch Report

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

It's very uncommon and a bad idea. The people who have stuff from IA will probably win easily.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of Excess View Post
    It's very uncommon and a bad idea. The people who have stuff from IA will probably win easily.

I disagree, as was mentioned IA stuff is generally overpriced by about 10% (This is done on purpose).

With Flyers, Super Heavies and Gargants discluded, the 'powerful' stuff from IAis unable to be used. So I am sure you will be fine.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One effective IA unit that comes to mind is the Lucius Pattern Dreadnought Drop Pod. Having a dread or 2 Deep Strike next to you and assault in the same turn can really really mess things up. Doesn't even really take a Forgeworld model since the Space Marine codex doesn't differentiate in size between dread and infantry pods.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

i agree with the prince, while ig is overpriced and due to lost points cost of units well msot in the codex itself. most guard armies will outnumber other armies in cost price. especially when it's a competitive list. and i think the staff will have the most well equippted ones or people who already ahve a large collection of guard to choose from. as i have worked out all my guard lsits cost atleast £400 for 1500 points and that's jsut the army itself without anything else.
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

+ Reply to Thread