Why play havocs? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Senior Member slann-o-engine-eo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Why play havocs?

Ive tried to use them and they never do much good for me.

the only reason im asking is because for a unit of obliterators they cost exactly the same as a lazcannon unit of havocs and the chosen cost a little bit more but get the infiltrate so whats the point of even having havocs?

the only thing I like about havocs is a missle launcher unit with a combi weapon champ that rocked against orcs and tyranids muhahahaha

but can you professionals help me with some ideas because I want to use them effectively instead of spamming obliterators all over the field I was trying to field an footslogging army for an up and coming game and I dont want the obliterators un-infantrysing my army

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Well, 4 missile launchers or autocannons would be effective at de-mechanizing your opponent in preparation for your footslogging assault. You might try the 2-lascannons, 2-heavy bolters loadout or the 4-flamer counter-charger. Realistically, however, Oblits are almost always the better choice. Three squads of 2 'blitters would not be considered cheese by most people and would have the mobility needed for a no-Rhino list.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

While havocs have taken a back seat to predators, obliterators, and defilers, they are still very effective tank hunters and even heavy infantry killers. For 200 points, you can build yourself a handsome 8 man havoc squad with 4 missile launchers. OR, if you prefer closer warfare, then swap to plasma guns and jam them into a rhino (fisting champ as optional for melee support of your spearhead).

The main reason havocs see little popularity today is that most lists are geared towards mechanized advancement; hence, havocs don't exactly "fit the build." At the same time, virtually all footslogging chaos lists make ready use of smaller tactical havoc squads, such as the 6 man staple for 150 points, which includes 3 missile launchers.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    At the same time, virtually all footslogging chaos lists make ready use of smaller tactical havoc squads, such as the 6 man staple for 150 points, which includes 3 missile launchers.
    I reorganized my army, and I made three havo squads: two with the setup above and one 5man with 2HB to give some protection to these two againts assaulting units.
    I never had a problem with them with any setup (2-4ML)
    They have wounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

96 (x2)

17, I knew that was hated by the ancient greeks, now I know why:
    Hated by the greeks as it was an "utterly abominate" number. Between 16 and 18 those were natural numbers (they can be formed into rectangles with perimeter equals to the area) and this badass 17 just "bars them off from each other and disjoins them"

The quotes from Plutarch.

So it means abominaton and the number of the first traitor legion.

Thats all from me... no better idea.

ps.: that was mathematics that is not easy for me in my own language, link can be given to anyone who is interested.
    Last edited by Kaptin Elwazz; October 5th, 2009 at 18:01.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

I bet you his number will now go to 18, because it's the number of people who have guessed what the number means.
    Nurgle, the freshmaker.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

A Squad i run for Havocs (yes i play Chaos but don't tell anyone alright!) is a 10 Man Unit, 4 flamers, a Chimp with fist and the Mark of Khorne. It's cheap and it's a brutal infantry killer.

17 - The number of Beers in said week/day/hour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

96 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Serbi View Post
    I bet you his number will now go to 18, because it's the number of people who have guessed what the number means.
    Exactly!
    I was the 17th, Lord Borak the 18th if he did not count You.
    So, I will say:
    - this number signifies how many years ago he started to play, but that`s not the right answer, (so it will go up:20 )

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by lord borak View Post
    A Squad i run for Havocs (yes i play Chaos but don't tell anyone alright!) is a 10 Man Unit, 4 flamers, a Chimp with fist and the Mark of Khorne. It's cheap and it's a brutal infantry killer.
    Ah, the ole close combat variant, eh? So rarely do we seem them anymore. It's a real shame, because you could really put together a bang up list comprised of all rhinos & 10 man renaissance squads. Between six troop slots and three heavies, it would look more like a swarm :p.

Serbi, that's a good one. I've had people come to that conclusion before; however, no cake for you. The answer still stands to be known.

lord borak, nice try, but I don't keep track addictions. It only depresses me.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Aye it's a sad time. I really like the chaos list for the flexibility it gives. I prefer it to the Marine Codex for that reason.

Hehe, it is nice feilding 60 Marines, 30 'assault' Havocs and 9 Chosen plus Lord all in Rhinos for some proper "in your face Marine hoard action".

I'll have to settle with my Guard Army Bayoneting the Chaos Vermin up close and personal.

lord borak, nice try, but I don't keep track addictions. It only depresses me.
    Pah! lies! Don't you get that satisfied feeling looking at the table covered with empty bottles and glasses?

Up to 19 now eh? nothing to do with Roadkill is it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast