Potential glut of easy purchases for starting player - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potential glut of easy purchases for starting player

I've always been interested in CSM and theres a good chance for easy purchases at an auction that's coming up. I got my begininning WFB stuff for a song and I might just be lucky again on sunday. I was just trying to get some feedback on my priorites on what I should buy cheaply to start up an effective chaos force. A lot of players indicated their distaste with the new simplified codex so I might be able to profit considerably off that.
    At the auction, I guess I have to mostly focus on 4 things:
    1st priority-Regular old CSM boys, they can be used as havocs if they have special weapons, Chosen or just chucked on a rhino
    2nd priority-Rhinos, they seem to be somewhat necessary to be decently competative
    3rd priority-Demon Princes, everyone loves em and they can have pyschic powers
    4th priority-Sorcerers, because we need our psychic powers outside of demon princes occasionally. Also they have the decency to be cheap, and I think there's a decent supply of them.
    I'd get other heavy support stuff too but only if it is a really good deal. Rhino's and maybe even preds I can get from space marines and just put some spiky bitz on it so I definitely think I can get some of those. Push comes to shove, I can do the same for the csm squads, so I might very well come out of this with a small force. I'm just wondering if I have my priorities straight and perhaps observations on what I should shoot for being a (hypothetical) new player to 40k and CSM.
    I'm goin for chosen popping out and a rhino blitz sort of army.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Your priority no4 should be predator or defiler instead of sorcerer, but the first 3 are excellent. Most people I know play only one HQ and that is a deamon prince.

In the CSM category, Khorne Berzerkers and Plague Marines are really good to, they are troops and add extra punch or extra resilience to your force.
    "Iron Within, Iron Without"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x6)

I agree with Black Rose. the sors isnt that high of a priority. heavy would be good. if you dont like defilers/preds to amazingly, oblits are a pretty favorable option as well.

OR you could be very out there and get some bikes and possesed!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would definately go with oblitorators myself, versatility is a nice asset... the choice of 6 weapons, ability to deepstrike, 2 wounds and a completely evil 2+ save makes them my unit of choice every time. Not to mention that if you (ever amass a force large enough to) play apocalypse, 9 of these puppies in a formation can unleash even more destructive weapons.

It seems popular (from other threads) that possessed arent any good (i wonder if they include the bonuses from fabius bile?)
    Honour the fallen - for tomorrow they will be your brethren

+ Reply to Thread