Conversion to chaos help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conversion to chaos help

I have realized that Chaos is funner to play with than regular marines and thus I'm switching armies to a plague marine army. However, I don't have access to much money and would like to reuse as much of my regular marines as possible. If anyone has suggestions as to how I could convert regular marines into good looking plague marines please post them!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

I used a dremel on my plague marines to drill a few holes in the armor. A lot of nurgle iconography relies on 3 circles in a pyramid shapeand with a dremel it's really is to do.

Green stuff is good to do about anything on a plague marine.

Glued sand on the armor gives off a really good rough surface to paint and highlight. Make it rust, pustles or wahtnot.

Nurgle is really the easiest army to convert, you can do about anything and it looks good. Also the army is pretty good ingame.

Have fun, converting and playing your new army.
    "Iron Within, Iron Without"

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

WYSIWYG requirements can be easily met if all the Space Marines you field are Plague Marines. It's how I converted my Night Lords to the latest Codex--any Marine with a bolter is a Noise Marine, any Marine with pistol & sword is a Berzerker. It's a bit limiting if one wants to include a Havoc or regular CSM squad alongside cult troops but saves a great deal of conversion effort.

New, color-coded paint jobs will get the job done, too, if you're more of a player than an artist.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Conversions are one of the initial reason I chose to betray the Emperor. Nurgle is especially conducive to altering loyalist models into Plague Marines. You might take a look at the following products, which can be mixed with a very small amount of paint in order to create ooze and slime:

Here's the result:

Oh, and welcome to the Dark Side

An alternative and cheaper version to Green Stuff is this product, which I use exclusively:
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the help. With these suggestions I can make a great looking army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Just a suggestion

going pre heresy is also a great way to get to play chaos quickly since you convert less and jump right on to the painting part
    This is my Bolter. There is many like it but this one is mine. My bolter is my best hobby.....And i still hate dragons. Find out More at http://necrohammer-at-war.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread