1ksons icon conversion idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member slann-o-engine-eo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

1ksons icon conversion idea

Does anyone think using a flamer of tzeentch for a thousand son personal icon would work as Far as WYSIWYG ruling

The reason im asking is because I was considering buying a box of them to use as icons for my thousand sons for the fact that they could be considered super warped icons from all the over-use of tzeentchs influences. I wasnt going to actualy give them standards just paint them very bright and give them extremely bright tzeentch colors to represent where the deep strikers could land.

Basically they would represent having carried the tzeentch banner for so long that tzeentch recognised their devotion and upgraded them to being worthy of being their personal icon....so the model is the icon not the standard being carried by the model.

Think that would fly in a GM infested environment? even though thousand sons have been dust for ever so long?

Last edited by Rabbit; December 12th, 2009 at 23:54.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Tzeentch & TS Conversion Ideas (help)

I need something to make tzeentch icons out of for my thousand sons.

I want something that isnt an actual icon or standard to use but more of a symbol ,like something to guide my deep strikers with, but without out the flag or banner.

my thoughts would be flamers of tzeentch because the fluff behind my thousand sons is the sorcerers leading my band of 1ksons have been workin for so long that their gods have acended them to deamonhood ( my princes) and the most worthy of the bands of 1ksons have been regiven their souls back and the overuse of carrying the icon of tzeentch for their thousand sons brothers have warped them into the icons themselves...sorta of like a deamon prince extension but more important to protect and serve their units sorcerer,,,,like a deep striking familiar.

I posted a similiar post last night but need some feedback on if this makes sense or not to be able to do that with the icon. I need to know soon because ofa tournament that I want to run some heavy deep striking in and need icons for anti tanking.

please I need input

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

slann-o-engine-eo, I'm combining your two threads in order to provide a single place where people can discuss and help you with conversion ideas for Tzeentch & Thousand Sons.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I think it is an interesting idea and a flamer would clearly stand out as different from the normal TS. Are you planing on doing anything to the aspiring sorcerers? If so try to make them look different from the Icon. As for it working in a tourny you don't have to worry about it not being a GW product but you might have someone ask where the bolter is for WYSIWYG. And it will not look much like a TS.

If you are alot better than me at modeling ( not a hard thing to be ) you could try to merge a TS and a flamer so the flamer is attached to the TS or coming out of the armor. Just an idea.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

well what I was thinking was taking the bolter and attaching it to one of its many arms and putting two shoulder pads somewhere shoulderish around it and I know it doesnt look like a thousand son but they are both tzeentch and they both fire intense bolt of fire bolts..one being called flames of tzeentch the other being called inferno bolts.

idk..I just want some people who go to tournaments a lot and see a lot of conversions to see if it would approve

+ Reply to Thread