Special character usefulness - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Special character usefulness

Anyone here know how to make special characters work? Like for example Ahriman, he gets 3 psykik powers but he can't use multiple shooting powers. How would we still use him to our advantage.

If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

You don't.

Well Kharne is okay I guess.
    Nurgle, the freshmaker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

Kharn is an absolute beast in pretty well all point value games (well, he's a little too expensive for 500) and Abaddon is insane in 2000+ point games. Other than that, you're probably better off to field a Daemon Prince instead of the other special characters unless you're going for pure fluff (even then though...).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Well I'd also say better stick with the DemonPrinces.. and what Ghost of Rage said.. sadly..

Problem is that they don't have eternal warrior, which in my eyes doesn't make any sense, since they're clearly been around a while... and seems every numnut of the regular marines seems to get it..

Offtopic: Question regarding Ahriman, can't he use the same power 3 times, even if they are shooting powers? It just says you can't use more then one shooting power, but it doesnt state how many times you use one..
    + We are changer, we are danger // Fallen angels, yet stranger +
    + WIP CSM & DH Exorcists in the making +

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ignis View Post
    Problem is that they don't have eternal warrior, which in my eyes doesn't make any sense, since they're clearly been around a while... and seems every numnut of the regular marines seems to get it..
    Two people, that's it. One is the Marine posterchild Calgar (*spit*), the other a man who got stuck in the warp, captured, and then escaped from a Chaos Marine planet armed with nowt but his bare hands. As far as I'm concerned, he deserves it!

Offtopic: Question regarding Ahriman, can't he use the same power 3 times, even if they are shooting powers? It just says you can't use more then one shooting power, but it doesnt state how many times you use one..
    Unless it specifically states in his rules (like it does for Eldrad I believe) you can only use each power once.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Sorry to keep it off topic:

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    Two people, that's it. One is the Marine posterchild Calgar (*spit*), the other a man who got stuck in the warp, captured, and then escaped from a Chaos Marine planet armed with nowt but his bare hands. As far as I'm concerned, he deserves it!

Unless it specifically states in his rules (like it does for Eldrad I believe) you can only use each power once.
    Well i don't mind that those two get EW, but why doesn't any of the Chaos Chars get it? I mean come on.. they've been around for how long?!
    Over all named Chaos chars are not that potent, since they all have an annoying hook, are overpriced or need a really specific playstile (my 2 cent).

Regarding Ahriman, read p51 of the codex, he can use several powers that count as firing in the same phase, but needs to target same unit with all of them.... just doublechecked it..
    + We are changer, we are danger // Fallen angels, yet stranger +
    + WIP CSM & DH Exorcists in the making +

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Well i don't mind that those two get EW, but why doesn't any of the Chaos Chars get it?
    Codex Creep - no doubt you will in the next C:CSM
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

If every character had EW, then that kind of defeats the purpose of having Force Weapons. It's not such a big deal for the cheaper Characters, like Kharne and Lucius; however, it's a concern for those like Typhus and Ahriman, who are just too darn expensive to lose to a hidden fist.

Kharn is pretty nasty. Against MEQs, he actually produces about the same kills when charging as Abadon. That's downright impressive. Lucius and Huron aren't bad choices either. They're just behind Kharn in statistical kills against marines.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem is that they don't have eternal warrior..
    Abbadon is immune to instant death so not all of them don't
    If a man wants to live let him fight, If a man does not want to fight he does not deserve to live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our guys missing eternal warrior to me is like how the basic Chaos Marine can be ran down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast