Psychic power for nurgle DP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Psychic power for nurgle DP

At the risk of sounding stupid, can Nurgles rot be almost as good as warptime. Maybe not against smaller armies, but say against Hordes where 4-5 re rollable attacks versus say 10-15 guarenteed hits at half strength.

If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Against swarms (Orcs especially), Nurgle's Rot is absolutely brutal. Hands down, it's the best damage dealing power we have against swarms.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

I think against IG, Orks, and nids there Rot is far better than Warptime, against MEQ's warptime might be better. I just dont want to seem repetitive. I never take a lash prince since just about ever competitive list takes 1 if not 2, in a tournament that is different
    If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

I might have to try this. If only our nurgle prince could have feel no pain with him... He'd never die and wear out anything stuck in combat for turn after turn. Sounds good to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all comers

I think if you KNOW that you are playing a horde army, then yes, Rot is better. But if you're playing an all-comers list, then I think you have to go Warptime. It allows your Price to become a killing machine against MEQs and characters. Also, it allows you to hit those fast vehicles that can give you fits if you need to roll a 6 to hit em. There's nothing better than rolling your 4 attacks and rerolling 3 of em to get two hits on that pesky vehicles...
    "Men attract not what they want but instead what they are."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Brymm View Post
    There's nothing better than rolling your 4 attacks and rerolling 3 of em to get two hits on that pesky vehicles...
    I think you mean 5 attacks, but the point still stands. Warp Time is a superior all-comers power.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    I think you mean 5 attacks, but the point still stands. Warp Time is a superior all-comers power.
    This past Thursday I was able to see how much Warptime helps if you have it and hurts if you don't.
    I was playing against Space Wolves and on the turn I had planned to charge, I rolled for warptime... Just to see if nullified by a Rune Priest psychic power on the roll of 4 plus. I charged the squad of MeQs anyways, but instead of getting 5 or 4, I got 2. I took a powerfist wound and continued into the next turn where my Warptime was nullified again, again, I only got 2, and he scored 2 on me with the fist... During the next round and another nullify (come on!), neither of us caused a wound!!!
    This goes on until I finally pass and kill the last 4 guys, but then promptly die to melta fire...
    I understand that the priest would have negated the Rot too, but I think that this episode highlights how much Warptime actually does: it makes your Prince an absolute killing machine. That scenario where it was being blocked really highlights how much it hurts to not have it, and I don't think having Rot there (even not blocked) would have been anywhere near as good.
    "Men attract not what they want but instead what they are."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

It's like it was said above, if you know you're going against a swarm army, like infantry heavy guard, orks, or nids, then Rot is FAR superior. If you are going against MEQ's, then warptime will win every time.
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

+ Reply to Thread