Single Squad of Noise? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Single Squad of Noise?

I just stumbled on a blister of Sonic Weapons at my local hobby store and bought them with a box of marines. I took em home and assembled them right away, even making a champion with a modified doom siren back pack. I have a game coming up this week and have decided to add a seven man noise marine squad at the expense of a defiler and some other things and upgrades.
    So on to my question: is the Blaster Master worth it? It seems a little overpriced at 40 pts. What about getting the champ with a doom siren?
    Any other suggestions for tactics with these guys? They will be rhinoing into battle.
    Thanks!

"Men attract not what they want but instead what they are."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

If you're Rhino-ing into battle, thing I'd leave the Blastermaster at home, on the run it's little more than an overpriced Heavy Bolter. It's real strength is when it's used every turn as a long range support weapon. If you're planning on Rhino rushing, then bring along the Champion with a Doom Siren and if you want to spend the points than bring Sonic Blasters, these will let you fire into a unit and then assault, which amounts to one devastating attack in my opinion. And as with all cult troops, don't let them get caught with their pants down, you've gotta make sure they get to where they need to be so they can earn their points back.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

Hotspike i think hit it on the head. This last weekend i used my new noise marines for the first time, 8 man squad with a champion, all with sonic weapons and 1 with a blastmaster. they stood in cover the whole game and they did very well. The blast master took out a orc truck the first turn, and on the next several turns they took out 2 squads of grot and 2 squads of slugga boyz 1 with the warboss. I ran with a lash prince to group up the boyz to get the most out of the blastmaster. All in all i was very impressed with the volume of fire and versatility of the unit. I think it will quickly become a staple of my army.

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

I agree with Hotspike, probably the most effective use of a Noise Marine Squad would be to give the champion the doom siren and then, if you have the points, change the bolters for sonic blasters- a great amount of assaulting firepower and a nice template which can decimate whole untis in 1 turn when combined with an assault with your +1 I marines.

The Blastmaster is a fantastic weapon, but really really expensive- and when you consider the potential damage a doom siren can do it doesnt make a great deal of sense- particularly if you are using them in a rhino to assault things, HOWEVER, as Col. Dracus said you can't underestimate the amount of shots a NM squad with sonic blasters and Blastmaster can put down- its insane! If you don't have Plague marines then Noise marines can be really effective objective holders- blasting away at anything approaching their cover with the heavy setting on their weapons, and then benefiting from their high initiative if the objective is assaulted (being fearless helps with this too!)
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

283 (x6)

One of my favorite uses of Noise Marines is the "Mini-Havok" squad. Now it is terrible minmax-age but it does usually have good results. Here's the squad ->

Noise Marines [x5]
    Sonic Blasters (x4)
    Blastmaster

160 Points

They are great for fire support and you can leave them sitting on top of an objective while your bigger squads got out and claim some more. I believe Rabbit was the one who came up with the original idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might try it!

I think I like the idea of the "mini havocs." I've had a lot of success with the suicide terminators overperforming after firing off their plasma suprise, I can imagine that these guys would also overperform. Actually, it would seem that running two 5 man squads would really compliment a close combat army pretty well, as they would hold objectives near the middle of the battlefield while laying down some pretty intense coverfire.
    I think the downside would be the fact that I often play against mechanized Imperial Gaurd who don't seem to have a lot of men that I can mow down.
    Anyone have any experience against lots of MEQ units? I can see the obvious advantage against horde armies such as Orks, Nids or infantry gaurd, but what about those guys that shall no no fear??
    "Men attract not what they want but instead what they are."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

283 (x6)

If youre talking about using the Blastmaster, bear in mind that it's AP 3 when fired as a Heavy Weapon, which means MEQ units will be taking serious losses. With it's high strength it can also double as a transport stopper when the situation calls for it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

The blastmaster has worked wonders for takeing out transports in my last 2 games it look out an Ork Truck and an Eldar Wave Serpent... then of course the passangers move closer to me into the sonic blaster range :-)

+ Reply to Thread