Custom Nurgle Dread - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Master of the Universe BIGphil22X's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

Custom Nurgle Dread

So after posting this in a pretty much dead modeling forum, I decided to throw it up here, in an attempt to get some better response.

The model was made using some old mechwarrior guys, as well as the marine dread CC arm, the plasma cannon chaos arm (which I completely demolished), and the launcher from the rhino set, which is my missile launcher.

I tried to use green and greystuff to make it seem as if his head (from the defiler kit) as well as his missile launcher, were attached by nurgle-ish oozing tendon things.

There is still much to be done, as I have to replace his bolter with a flamer, and also make the area at the base of the smokestacks more nurgle like.

Comments and criticisms are welcome. Enjoy!

IMG_2086.jpgIMG_2088.jpgIMG_2090.jpgIMG_2091.jpgIMG_2092.jpgIMG_2094.jpgIMG_2095.jpg

"Sanguine, my brother."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

It looks fairly good, my only suggestion is to maybe add some green stuff to the legs to try and bulk them up. They look a little too thin at the moment, not proportional with the rest of the model.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

I like it. The Havoc launcher makes a nice ML, I think I will have to steal that idea for my dreads. The thinner legs i think give it kind of a fast look, like a linebacker or a 1980's business woman with shoulder pads in her jacket. :-) But if your going for Nurgle i will have to agree with Ironangel and that you might want to build them up and maybe even make them look like some big fat puss filled legs.

Master of the Universe BIGphil22X's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

eah the skinny legs were kind of the first thing I noticed as well. I like the look for the most part, because they seem agile, which fits with the chaos CC theme, but I really want them to get a little bulkier.

So, I am currently in the process of adding tendons between the legs. Almost done, and will post up some pics soon!
    "Sanguine, my brother."

+ Reply to Thread