Vindicators are prue evil - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vindicators are prue evil

Guys I play constantly against my mate who rolls with double vindicators in his space marine army and i have been completely destroyed numerous times due to big templates on my entire squads and his ability to never scatter. Please help me! My basic plan to bust them open is using one of 3 things, 1 squad of t6 bikers with a pwr fist, oblits(2) or my land raider with all my guns trained on them. The problem is my bikers get destroyed my oblits and land raider just fail to bust it open! Any advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x2)

Maybe 3*6 Havocs, each with 3 ML that`s about 450pts (or go wild and use lascannons for an extra ~100pts). They know what the vindicators don`t: long range with 9 dice. You can put them in cover too.
    Defilers? Even better...
    Last edited by Kaptin Elwazz; February 7th, 2010 at 00:59.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could use termicide squads. That are 3 man terminator squads with a combi-melta or plasma and deepstrike behind a vehicle and blow it up, after which they probably die, due too mass fire on them. If they survive for another round, happy you. Costing 105 points for a single squad and if they succed in killing a Vindicator worth 125 (destroying the main gun is enough actualy) they where worth it, even if they die.

DP with warptime is great at killing tanks (at least for me). And you could use a 10 man CSM squad with 2 meltaguns in a rhino with combi-melta. I'm not realy sold on Havocs, because they need to stand still the whole time and I hate that. And for the same amount of points you could field 3 defilers or 6 obliterators, which is in my opinion beter. But in the end, it your choose.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by d0ugie View Post
    ...and his ability to never scatter.
    I recommend borrowing his scatter dice when your Oblits roll for their plasma cannon shots. Also, bikes should be very durable against templates thanks to their large footprint and turboboost save. What is the rest of your opponent's list like?
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He also uses 2 big squads of stern guard (9 and hq) in each rhino and 2 squads of scouts with a lot of snipers so as i try to get in close and tank pop he can jump out and blow me away, but at the same time with his large amount of snipers on the field I am never really safe due to rending shots.

It is really quite frustrating i feel i should be moving forward but at the same time i need 2 pop his vindicators or else I just get destroyed.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

I'd go with a few lascannons. At only av13 u gota 3/1 to pen then 3/1 to pop it open.. so 3-4 lascannons spread across a few squads would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Step One: Place defiler on table.

Step Two: Fleet

Step Three: Win

I wouldn't take such a large squad of bikers against it. they get expensive. Lascannons on your land raider or from your oblits are also a good bet. MC's like to chomp on vehicles too and Melta is a fun toy everyone likes to play with.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Chucking a Daemon prince against most vehicles will result in a boom. But with a vindi the chance is a little slimmer. Lascannons are a sure bet. Rhinos with meltas or oblits can work but you might not reach or deepstrike too far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Hell, even 2 Predators with sponson lascannons should do the trick. With a Land raider yu got some serious lascannon power. Stay back and shoot. Target 1 tank at a time.
    Buy new dice. Rediculous advice, but sometimes that works.
    Get tattoo of dices, a balace scale or the god Fortuna - anything that pleases the dice gods.
    Last edited by Mr_Wayne; February 10th, 2010 at 16:35.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I second the termicide idea. Except my unit is around 165 points - four termies, combi melta x3, heavy flamer, chain fist champ.

I developed them while playing many many games against my mechanised space wolf friend (those damn vindicators are so good sometimes I wanna buy em T____T)

If there is only one Vindi nowadays I also send out a spread out thousand sons unit to bait shots away from other units.
    Be nice to your enemies, it will make them madder!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast