Magnetizing me some termies! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magnetizing me some termies!

Hey guys im thinking about magnetizing my terminators i ordered yesterday but i dont know how and if it is worth it? i want to be able to change guns and just have something to be proud of and say YEAH i did it!

So i need a guide preferably for chaos specifically with pic if possible and what supplies i need. THanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

I Magnetized all of my Chaos termies, I don't have any pictures, but I will try and describe in detail how it is done.

Here is what you will need:
    Magnets, preferably 3/16"x1/16"
    File
    Hobby Knife
    A drill with a 3/16" drill bit.
    Super Glue

Here's how you go about thing
    s!
    Step one: Use your file and hobby knife to file/shave the plastic burs off your model. Mainly the Torso and the Arms.
    Step two: Super glue the Terminator shoulder pads on your Terminator arms.
    Step three: Use your drill to drill a hole into the torso where the arm connects. Drill it about as thick as the magnet is. A little deeper won't hurt. I suggest doing all the bodies first and leaving the arms for later. (Make sure you get all of the plastic dust out of the socket)
    Step four: Put a dab of super glue into the holes you have just drilled out. Put magnets in both holes on the Terminator body. (Make sure the same polarity is facing outwards on all models! this will ensure that you have a terminator that can switch arms with all other of your terminators!) Do all of this before you start drilling out the arms.
    Step five: Drill out the arms. It is basically a repeat of step three, except this time, you are doing it to the arms.
    Step six: Put the magnets into the arms. **Make sure that the magnet going into the arms is at the opposite polarity of the ones in the body** You don't want them to be the same polarity, as they will not connect.

I hope this helps. Sorry, I don't have pictures. If you really need them, I can go take a few and show you.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it worth it? And wouldn't I need to manatize the shoulder pas since there are only enough for 5 sets of arms?

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Yes, you do two of the magnets into the body of the Terminator (Where the arms go) and then you put magnets into all of the arms. It is definately worth it. Sometimes I like to run squads of Combi-Plasma and other times, Combi Melta and if I am feeling particularly good, then a squad of combi flamers. The great thing is I can use the same 5 models if I really want to.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

where would one get magnets like this???

+ Reply to Thread