Would you buy it? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What would you purchase?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would purchase a whole new army. ALL IN BABY!

13 19.12%
  • I would only buy the codex and some new units and upgrade sprues.

27 39.71%
  • I wouldonly buy the codex and upgrade sprues.

9 13.24%
  • The codex is enough for me.

13 19.12%
  • Codex : Traitor Legions is a bad idea / I wouldnt buy it.

6 8.82%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Would you buy it?

This is the scenario:

Games Workshop releases Codex: Traitor Legions.
    The codex covers all four Cults as well as the Nightlords, Alpha Legion, Word Bearers and Iron Warriors.
    To supplement the new rules GW also releases new upgrade sprue boxes (like the Black Templars) for each legion and a special upgrade sprue box for the other four legions with a few special heads, champion torsos and lots of shoulder guards.

We're talking sonic weaponry and screaming helmets for Emperors Children, chain axe-orama and good looking bunny ear helmets for berzerkers, pustulent helmets and torsos for plague marines and tabard-torsos, hawk-looking bolters and egyptian looking helmets for 1k Sons. Nice bitz, better than the expensive Forge World stuff. Easy to go nutz and spend the whole salary on bitz-sprues.

This means that if anyone wanted to build a legion army they would have to purchase:
    1. The Codex.
    2. An upgrade sprue box for each unit.
    3. New CSM units to build the legionnaires.
    4. New rhinos and vehicles to use with the new iconography you get in the boxes.

All in all this would be pretty profitable for GW - if people would be willing to go all in.
    Would you?

Last edited by Mr_Wayne; February 26th, 2010 at 00:27.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, tough question. I would probably get as much as my poor college student wallet can handle (Codex First, obviously).
    How Did This Get Here I Am Not Good With Computer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Probably not.

In fact i would take the opportunity to sell all my stuff on Ebay on a upped price. Considering many would be seeking models to complete some new strategy, it would sell for a little more than selling it now : When all that's in demand is Plagues and Zerkers.

I'd probably keep my 6 dreadnought loyalist army for kicks every now and then. I'm never buying anything GW release ever again... Though i might make some models out of Plasticard or Greenstuff.
    "The things that appear are a vision of the unseen"
    -Anaxagoras of Clazomenae

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seismic View Post
    Probably not.

In fact i would take the opportunity to sell all my stuff on Ebay on a upped price. Considering many would be seeking models to complete some new strategy, it would sell for a little more than selling it now : When all that's in demand is Plagues and Zerkers.

I'd probably keep my 6 dreadnought loyalist army for kicks every now and then. I'm never buying anything GW release ever again... Though i might make some models out of Plasticard or Greenstuff.
    Wow, thanks for the extremely constructive post! Ha!
    Anyways, yeah, its a great idea. They don't have enough stuff out there to make unique units of guys that have different marks as is. Selling a seperate 18 dollar pack for noise marines weapons that you need in addition to that 30 pack of marines just to make 6 noise marines with sonic weapons is a little terrible. With that said, they are making strides in customizability! The newer CSM boxes have champion upgrades and icons that are legion specific. I have no problem with them doing this on a larger scale, so I don't have to spend an arm and a leg on forgeworld to get a flavorful army.
    Oh, and and why can't we just mark our daemons? It would do a little to adding a little fluff...
    "Men attract not what they want but instead what they are."

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Hypothetically speaking, if GW does release a box of Noise marines (10 man with sonic weapons for all of them) I am going to scream bloody murder and firebomb the GW store. I have 50 Noise marines All with Sonic Weapons/Doom Sirens/Blast Masters, and I spent a pretty penny to do it.

On the other hand, I would really like to see Legion specific things from the 3rd edition codex. My Dreadnought is sitting on the shelf because he has an illegal weapon on him, a blastmaster...
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

Since I already have a huge Alpha Legion army, I'd only buy the codex, and any "new" units in it, I'd just convert what I have. More fun that way.
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

a frozen hell from which there is no escape (Utah)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by oniwakamaru View Post
    Damn, tough question. I would probably get as much as my poor college student wallet can handle (Codex First, obviously).
    This. If they madegood(bad?)-looking Nurgle models I'd buy all I could afford... and probably wind up dipping into my food money, to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x2)

Sorry,

I join to seismic. No upgrades, they`ll be outdated after three months and completely useless after a year...
    Yes, they`ll hit first as Wolves until nids who`ll untill the BA dex...

No, sorry.

Ps.: seismic also knows why I`m still keeping my BA... are You in the same gaming club?
    Last edited by Kaptin Elwazz; February 26th, 2010 at 01:51.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
    Ps.: seismic also knows why I`m still keeping my BA... are You in the same gaming club?
    Its doubtfull.

The only BA player in my area (For now) is my kid brother, i don't think he's you.

I can see why people might be cautious with upcoming releases due to codex creep. I can't really say if it really exists. the tournaments i participated in weren't cut throat mix/max mathhammer-fests. Most the time its based on fluff/painting/sportsman ship. In that type of circumstance , a power list would actually be a detriment.

Personally i like the lore in 40k , the universe that GW created , but i hate how they're handling it. The continuity and direction of the game is unclear: With my busy schedule i can't make an good estimate of time and money spent hobbying on something that may or may not be good 2 years down the road.

-" Hey man , what's going on?"
    -" Oh , hey GW! Nothing much , Making the finishing touch on my Night lords"
    -"yeah , nice. Well , How about they're worthless now?"
    -'"Uh?"
    -"Voilà! The 4th edition codex"
    -" That's a bummer"
    -"Yeah , well C'est la vie! How about you buy some Noise marines and 1ksons"
    -"Sure , i guess . They're expensive, but they pack a punch"
    -"Yeah well now , everything has a 4+ cover save."
    -"Come again?!"
    -"Yeah , here's your brand new 5th edition rules"
    -"So effectively, my 1ksons and Noise have their range damage potential halved ?"
    -"Yeah , wanna buy some Plagues or Zerkers ?"

Some people might think this is good business when in fact its blatant planed obsolescence.
    Last edited by seismic; February 27th, 2010 at 02:40.
    "The things that appear are a vision of the unseen"
    -Anaxagoras of Clazomenae

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

If GW were do do as you say, Mr_Wayne, and they made some suitably impressive models... it would probably be enough to make me start a Night Lords army. I've always wanted to, just haven't had a good enough reason to yet.

Although it would probably depend what else I was working on at the time. Being too busy with other stuff might mean the Night Lords would have to wait. Again.

So yeah, I voted ALL IN! But it's really ALL IN with a few conditions.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast