What army next - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What army next

Death To The False Emper!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What army next

After chaos im thinking of doing a Tau army, any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask yourself a few simple questions.

Do I want a ranged focused army or do I want a melee based army?
    Do I want a middle ground army balanced on range and cc?
    Do I care about the first 2 questions at all? If not see below.

Do I care how the models look?
    Do I want to paint a large amount of models, or prefer a smaller amount of models?

Answer these and it will narrow down what you should pick for a second army. Asking someone is generally not a good idea as everyone else is biased by there own personal preferences.
    If you answer the above personal preference plays less of a role in peoples responses and it comes down to what more suits your answers.

You should always choose an army based on what you enjoy playing, Modeling, And painting first.

a frozen hell from which there is no escape (Utah)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Kid, you don't have to make a new topic for everything. You could have posted all of this in one instead of flooding the board.

Woof! Woof! Bark! Bark!!! aeroplane's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    569 (x7)

Tau is not an army you should use if you want to play and win. The Codex is old and clunky, and hasn't survived the transition to 5th edition.

However, if you are after a cool looking army and you really like the models, go for it!
    My insanely large Chaos Marine Army - look

Thier commander's motto-listen

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

I do like the Tau models... and they can win, but you need to stick to one playstyle for it.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by aeroplane View Post
    Tau is not an army you should use if you want to play and win. The Codex is old and clunky, and hasn't survived the transition to 5th edition.

However, if you are after a cool looking army and you really like the models, go for it!
    Tau can win. We have a local Tau player who wins far more often than he loses.

Of course, most of our local players are old Codexes as well, or themed armies with little emphasis on competition. We have as many Necron and Eldar players as we do Tyranids and Spess Puppies, for example. Tau are fine if your opponent isn't playing a cutthroat list. They just don't scale up as well, so to speak.

Master of the Universe BIGphil22X's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ganmeyde View Post
    Tau can win. We have a local Tau player who wins far more often than he loses.

Of course, most of our local players are old Codexes as well, or themed armies with little emphasis on competition. We have as many Necron and Eldar players as we do Tyranids and Spess Puppies, for example. Tau are fine if your opponent isn't playing a cutthroat list. They just don't scale up as well, so to speak.
    I really feel like you brought up a point and then totally disproved yourself here. You pretty much said: Tau can win... when everyone else sucks.

I would agree with Aero, in that the Tau are rather dated, with a lot of limitations as of 5th edition. My brother plays them, and has been struggling to keep up with the rest of the armies that transitioned much better into the newest edition.
    "Sanguine, my brother."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Champion View Post
    After chaos im thinking of doing a Tau army, any suggestions?
    Post something in the Tau forums.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by BIGphil22X View Post
    I really feel like you brought up a point and then totally disproved yourself here. You pretty much said: Tau can win... when everyone else sucks.

I would agree with Aero, in that the Tau are rather dated, with a lot of limitations as of 5th edition. My brother plays them, and has been struggling to keep up with the rest of the armies that transitioned much better into the newest edition.
    No, I said Tau can win: if you're not going against cutthroat worldbeater lists.

Master of the Universe BIGphil22X's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ganmeyde View Post
    No, I said Tau can win: if you're not going against cutthroat worldbeater lists.
    No offense then, but maybe the competition is pretty weak in your area. I play in Orlando, Florida, and see every type of army played at my local games store. I can honestly say that the Tau rarely come out on top.
    "Sanguine, my brother."

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast