Nurgle Baneblade Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nurgle Baneblade Question

Well I have asked and looked many places for this answer. Hope someone in this forum would be willing to help. I run a preheresy death guard style army the off white green trim. I am under the impression that baneblades would be a traitor imperial guard regiment. I was thinking of Painting it a off color to signify that. Im looking for idea's on what colors it should be. I also was thinking of making a small force of death korps of krieg (nurgle guard) So if there is any fluff about nurgle guard id appretiate being pointed to it. my research ran dry. Or color sugestions would work too.

Last edited by Santawraith; March 16th, 2010 at 20:50. Reason: included picture

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I'm confused here. You're running a preheresy army but you're going to add nurglized death korps of krieg and a traitor guard baneblade? Do you mean that you're just playing an army with a preheresy paintjob ? If that's the case you could paint the baneblade almost any colors you wanted. Most traitor guard are the same colors as regular imperial guard regiments (steel legion, tanith, death korps, etc) but with chaos icons, runes, defaced imperial icons, etc.

If you don't have any of the siege of vraks imperial armour books from forge world I would HIGHLY recommend picking one up. They give so many conversion ideas for chaos/nurgle/traitor guard regiments. Basically all 3 books focus on just that with examples of traitor guard/cultist uniforms.

Vraksian Renegade Militia - Lexicanum has some small images from the book to give you some idea of what to expect. It really is worth the buy or a borrow from a friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im sorry I forgot to clarify its a preheresy paint job. I felt it looked better then current deathguard colors. But thanks for the point in the right direction.

Master of the Universe BIGphil22X's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

No offense but it makes absolutely no sense to have a pre-heresy death guard army with Nurgle troops in it. In what way is that even pre-heresy? And you are completely destroying fluff if you paint them pre-heresy colors yet play them as a post-heresy army.
    "Sanguine, my brother."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So alll armies are forced to be the same colors as the codex states. I figured my army colors are taken from when they changed inisitally. In there fluff it says there armor was never painted but was white. Mine is a off white or dirty white. with green trim. It also states in there fluff that they never painted there armor even after the heresy it just became the subjext of the passage of time. Forcing it to change colors from corrosion. I feel being attacked for asking a question inapporopriate btw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by BIGphil22X View Post
    No offense but it makes absolutely no sense to have a pre-heresy death guard army with Nurgle troops in it. In what way is that even pre-heresy? And you are completely destroying fluff if you paint them pre-heresy colors yet play them as a post-heresy army.
    The OP already said it was more of a pre-heresy paintjob than a pre-heresy codex fluff army. What harm is there in painting an army the pre-heresy colors compared to someone that paints them god awful colors like neon pink + orange + green ? The fluff is not destroyed in any way by someone doing this. It still exists in the books just like it did before. The only difference is someone has a different color army than the regular color. What a travesty -_-...

The only destruction of anything in this situation is the destruction of the fun of this game by people that get far into the back story/rules and have a fit when something gets even a little bit out of line. To me that is far worse than someone having a non-fluff ok'd paintjob.
    Last edited by paregoric_HAL; March 13th, 2010 at 00:06.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Sounds like a refreshing deviation from the standard overdone color scheme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a few ideas!
    I'm not sure if some variant of superheavy tank like the Baneblade exsisted right at the time of the Heresy. If something like that did, since the Death Gaurd supposedly didn't paint their armor, I would suggest doing the tank in a really beat up iron look, with tons and tons of rust, oil stains and grime. Do different parts of the tank different types of metallic. For example, all the rivets a shade of tin bitz, the main plates boltgun metal, wires mithril silver and pipes like chainmail.
    After everything is all metallic, black ink wash nearly everything, brown wash some stuff, use a blazing orange wash here and there for more rusty looks, lots of speckled blazing orange too for more rust. Trail down brown and darker browns from vents, ports and hindges. Make the thing look like a 70's car in a junkyard.
    If for some reason you don't like that idea and want it traitor gaurd like recently, just paint it like it was a local gaurd Baneblade, then toss on some cool Nurgle iconography!
    I like the first idea better! Good luck!
    "Men attract not what they want but instead what they are."

Master of the Universe BIGphil22X's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

I just thinks it is ironic SantaWraith that you are asking for fluff advice and yet you aren't following the fluff. I didn't mean to offend you, hence no offence.

Also pargegoric, If you wanted to play a game of strategy without a concern for fluff, go play chess. The whole appeal of warhammer is the fluff and characters that make the universe. I'm not freaking out because this is a little out of line, I'm just saying that it absolutely doesn't fit with any fluff.
    "Sanguine, my brother."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright well I plead my case of where I am falllowing fluff. Go read the death guard blurb online where it states they never painted there armour. Or do you think after they turned that it magically was a diffrent collor. Besides one of the key points that makes warhammer so great is being able to customize. But i guess you feel it destroyes fluff to make a custom banebalde or any other figure.

May the blessing of nurgle be upon you big.
    Last edited by Santawraith; March 13th, 2010 at 14:31. Reason: ps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast