Bikers, Yay or nay? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bikers, Yay or nay?

I was experimenting with the plethora of options in making a chaos force and thought, why not bikers? So I build a new list with a biker gang of khorne in it. good idea or not?

That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

The easiest thing to do is probably do a quick forum search, bikers have been discussed several times since the latest codex release, in fact I remember one such thread popping up fairly recently. On the whole they aren't recommended, but can be useful in certain circumstances.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personnally love nurgle bikers, they draw SO much fire because they are T 4 (6) !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

I have a unitof 8 khornate bikers. I've never used them though. So I'm thrilled to see how you fare with them.

It's not good to search for older threads dealing with old issues and questions when there has been a number of codexes released not so long ago. Those older threads doesnt deal with the new threat of Blood Angels and Space Wolves for example.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

It still comes down to that while bikers are good, as good as any other fast attack choice chaos gets at least, they are to expensive compared to what space marines get for the same points. ours cost over 25% more and have the exact same stats. Plus you have the option off attack bikes carrying a heavy bolter or multi-Melta with space marines.

Raptors at least still cost what a space marine pays for jump infantry troops, the only problem with them is that they are not scoring, so harder to justify.

If i was going to play a bike force it would run a renegade space marine force that allows you to take the bikes as troops, but thats just me

King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x3)

Nay. Our fast attacks as they are now are too expensive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say Yay, only because I like running t]T 4 (6) nurgle bikers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Yay. Turbo-boosting, Relentless, T4, two special weapons. Expensive, yes, effective, also yes.
    ------------------------------------
    Innovation suffuses this hobby like a tea bag in the boiling water of play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner37 View Post
    It still comes down to that while bikers are good, as good as any other fast attack choice chaos gets at least, they are to expensive compared to what space marines get for the same points. ours cost over 25% more and have the exact same stats. Plus you have the option off attack bikes carrying a heavy bolter or multi-Melta with space marines.
    I wouldn`t say they have the same statline. Yes, they look the same on the reference sheet but don`t forget Chaos bikes equipped with an extra ccw... That makes them decent in assault while SM bikers are s*** in assault. CSM bikers are good to catch those bikes and with marks they even can be better.
    With a MoK You can have a nice amount of attacks, but I think every mark can be useful.

+ Reply to Thread