Best Summoning Platform? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Summoning Platform?

What would you guys consider the best platform for summoning? A group of Chosen to infiltrate up close (size)? A group of Fast Attack like bikers or Raptors? A group of Termies? How do you make sure to have a good base point for summoning Greater/ Lesser Daemons? Just trying to get every ones opinions for a possible list.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

Greater deamons really shouldn't be summoned.

Lesser demons are debatable at least. The best way to summon them is with options. Taking 3-4 squads of CSM with an icon/mark will allow you a good range of where you can drop them in, and if you run a demon prince, giving him a personal icon would be ideal as well. That would give you 4-5 choices of where you want to summon the beasts. And what you need with them is the ability to be where you need them when you need them. So.. yeah, do it.
    Nurgle, the freshmaker.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Just have your troops do double duty as summoners. It's too expensive and predictable to have a dedicated summoning unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Serbi
    Greater deamons really shouldn't be summoned.
    Summoning is mandatory for GDs.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

I think what Serbi was trying to say was that Greater Daemons aren't that good and shouldn't be used rather than they don't need to be summoned if you field them in your army. As for the best platform, pretty much just put an icon on anything that can bare one, that way it's more difficult to kill off the unit(s) that summon them, thus preventing the daemons to enter play. Overall though, I would just field basic CSM over the lesser daemons, almost the same points and tougher (as in, better save and more weapons options).
    World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Like Serbi was saying, make sure 3-5 things can be used as a summoning platform, that way your opponent has no way of knowing where they are comming in.

As for Greater Daemons, I think they arn't to bad for their points.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I think Greater demons are pretty good. They are as tough as a demon prince of nurgle. They are unpredictable which can work to your advantage just as often if not more than it works to your disadvantage and they make great ways to unnerve your opponents.

Best way to summon anything is keep options open. Troops, personal icons champions. Just make sure you can bring them in at a variety of places and you should be tactically sound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bigest downside of a GD is tha it can be insta killed .....something that happens all he time whit mine :'(

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Doomlord View Post
    The bigest downside of a GD is tha it can be insta killed .....something that happens all he time whit mine :'(
    I had no idea about this... ewww what a terrible turn off. I've tried the GD a few times and had no real luck but you can never judge a unit from a few bad games. If I wanted to summon something I'd have as many units as possible with icons as I could, that being said every unit in my army has an icon or mark of chaos undivided where possible so there could be up to 6 places the daemons could pop out but only a few for the GD, and each of them with a fist so I'd rather not have that option.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Doomlord View Post
    Honestly, this shouldn't be a major issue for Greater Daemons, unless you're playing against an opponent with lots of force weapons.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Honestly, this shouldn't be a major issue for Greater Daemons, unless you're playing against an opponent with lots of force weapons.

Well most of my opponent have 2+ str 10 weps, and x numbers of force weps, since i normalt play. CSM marines, marines, eldar and other hings whit force weps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast