Bases for heralds on chariots - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bases for heralds on chariots

I have tried using the search to find this but it kept timing out on me, so I figure I would post the question here:

What type of bases are you legally required to use for heralds on chariots? The WFB chariot bases (those are going to look odd against the rest of the round bases in my potential army )? The large size bases used for IG heavy weapon teams?

I want to know what I should be using to base them. What have people been using at tournaments like adepticon, 'ard boyz, etc?

Last edited by tunagami; March 31st, 2010 at 00:49.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Legally, you can use practically anything, because there is no official model for the unit. However, in order to physically represent when the unit unit is supposed to have, it has to at least be large enough to encompass the herald (regular infantry sized unit) and the models pulling the chariot.

With that in mind, I imagine the model would have to either be on a large circular base (the one the IG HW teams go on) or a fantasy chariot base, although you might be able to use a large square base (used for monsters in fantasy) instead, if you like.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the aesthetics of the roundish bases for 40k. I might try out some of those valkyrie bases, but I wonder if they are the same width as the fantasy chariot bases.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

No, the Valkyrie bases are really huge. They're a LOT larger than the fantasy chariot bases. If you like round bases, then I'd use a large round base (the same kind used for IG HW teams).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does that base fit inside a chariot base?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

No, it'll be wider, but it's the closest fit. The Valkyrie base can be used, if you like, but as I said, it's going to be significantly larger than the chariot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Since ==My== Daemons pull double duty I use square bases so they're easier to use in Fantasy.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ==Me== View Post
    Since ==My== Daemons pull double duty I use square bases so they're easier to use in Fantasy.
    If you are a magnet freazy then you are better off with round bases and magnatize the bases and doin the movement trays with a metallic base...

+ Reply to Thread