New to Chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Chaos

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

New to Chaos

Hey guys! I'm a new Chaos player, coming from Eldar and IG background (with a little *gulp* daemonhunter background).

I've got the impression that Fiends are a great unit, and that it's relatively common to substitute the model with something else. I was wondering what the most common sub would be? I was looking at the DE Cold Ones (minus the riders), since I adore the models. Are there any suggestions for this or other models, or even how to build a list?

^_^ Thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could simply change in for a chaos spawn you can put some tyranid bits, because it doesn't specify that it needs to have 4 legs or such you could just do a particular scheme on the spawns and you,d get 2 for a tad more then 1 Fiend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Fiends are indeed awesome. In fact, point for point, I'd go as far to say they're one of the best, if not 'the best', close combat unit in the game. Just make sure they don't get shot up too much, or get assaulted by genestealers.

I use chaos spawn as fiends, instead of the official models, although cold ones might also work well if you added a few 'chaosy' elements to them, like tentacles, extra limbs or something. Cold ones on their own seem more like flesh hounds than fiends, but it's up to you.

Just remember that the spawn have to go on a 40mm terminator sized base, so I'd model the figures so they fit well on it.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread