What do I buy now?? sort of new chaos player - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

What do I buy now?? sort of new chaos player

So I have been collecting chaos for a while I brought a mega force a army force and some stuff of ebay got a bit board of them come back been gathering up all my stud this is what I found

I have about 30 marines (plus 10 unbuilt so I can use any weapon options)
    10 terminators
    1 chaos lord in terminator armour
    1 unbuilt chaos sorcerer in terminator armour
    2 rhinos
    6 khrone berserks
    2 chaos spawn
    4 possessed marines
    6 raptors
    A vindicator
    2 obliterators
    A defiler (I think I got a second one as well)
    A land raider (once again might have a second one)
    6 noise marines (1 champ 1 with blast master the rest with sonic blasters there converted up so I can get more easily enough)
    3 bikes

I was going to order a battle force as well but my real question is what kind of army should I make out of this Iím looking to get back into 40k and I think chaos is the cheapest way to do it. Also are they any units I donít have but desperately need Iím up for buying most units but Iím not crazy about a daemon prince.

Oh Iím also not sure what point size I should be aiming for as well

Oh my force by the way is a renegade undivided chapter loosely based on night lords I donít know if this has any importance at all

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

More Berzerkers!!! More Rhino's!!!
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Well you have a nice stock so far.

Sadly a Night Lord army isn't really possible anymore since 5th. But undivided renegade shouldn't be a problem.
    So far you have 30 Marines, that makes 3 Squads, they will need Transports, so Rhinos is always a good choice.

The one/two Defilers give you a nice HS option, give them +1 CCW and they will do the trick.

I'd stock up on Berzerkers in a Rhino/LR, they will be really killy once they reach enemy lines.
    The Noisies can be used as Objective grabbers, Transport wouldn't be too wrong neither.

For HQ, I'd get another Sorc, give him Lash. Together with the Defilers that will be devastating, or to move them into assault range with your Zerkers.
    There is a new Plastic Demon Prince model in the pipeline, should be out in August, some pics can be found in the Rumours thread.

The Termies can be used as a Karmoon Special, 2x5man Squads. Or one or two Suicide Squads with 3 Combi Melta and then deepstrike them.
    Possessed can be nasty with 2 Special weapons and outflank.

It basically really depends how many points you wanna have.
    My advice: Post a army list in the army list part of the Forum and take it from there.

Hope that helps a little...
    + We are changer, we are danger // Fallen angels, yet stranger +
    + WIP CSM & DH Exorcists in the making +

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

Zerkers in a rhino are good, but they don't get to assault after disembarking from the transport. while you can use the rhino as a wall, they'll still be vulnerable to templates, and at the mercy of an enemy counterattack for a turn before they get to do anything. Losing their special ability hurts. When I use my zerkers, I put them in a land raider, yes more points, but more survivable, and also gets the assault after the movement/disembark
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have been looking into aq squad or 2 of the Nurgle marines in rhinos for my army. They have a survivalbilty that is hard to match. plus defence grenades. i was thinking about giveing them 2 meltas and a powerfist and just run them around tank hunting. just a thought.
    WwaaaaaaaaggghhhH!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Ok thanks guys sorry for the lateness in posting back just one or two follow up questions you guys seam to be suggesting most of what I have is good I just need more of it can I ask what is the max number of khorne berserkers chaos space marines and rhinos will I ever need ? as I’m going to just buy multiples of the battle force for awhile.

Secondly are there any particular units in my army that I should really just leave on the shelf or are must haves I ask because much of the army is not painted and I want to prioritize what to do first

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

Possessed, Chaos Spawn, Raptors and Bikes can be left on the shelf, they're just not very good. For high priority models, Berzerkers, CSM, Rhinos, Defiler, Oblits and the Land Raider are all very good models to use. You could also do with buying a Daemon Prince or two and adding some wings to them.
    World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not like, a super experienced chaos space marine player, but i'd say get more bikes, more berzerkerz, maybe 2 more rhinos and some more posessed to actually get a squad of posessed. Oh and another Oblirerator wouldnt hurt. Max squad number is 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
    I'm not like, a super experienced chaos space marine player, but i'd say get more bikes, more berzerkerz, maybe 2 more rhinos and some more posessed to actually get a squad of posessed. Oh and another Oblirerator wouldnt hurt. Max squad number is 3.
    More zerkers and rhinos, 1 more oblit, yes. No more posessed, they're trash!
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Wolf Guard said. More Berzerkers and Rhino's and maybe a third oblitorater to fill out your squad to three.

+ Reply to Thread